Military Brides

Can't set a date!

So I haven't got the official proposal, but we have been discussing getting married for well over a year now and talked about him enlisting. He's finally decided to do it. We want to get married before he leaves, however, we don't know when that will take place. So my question is what can I go ahead and get done now even though there is no date set?

Re: Can't set a date!

• Ajb77Ajb77 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You can always start looking into everything, just don't book. I have had to do that because his dates were not set in stone of when he would be there (and what do you know, good thing we didnt book cuz we had to change!) So start picking out your favorite venues, djs, photographers etc and when you finally get a date, you just have to call and book! Have your top two in case your frist choice is booked for your date!
  • edited December 2011

Agree with PP. Have everything picked out, so when you get word on final dates you can book. Make sure it ios final word. Military changes their mind all the time. Even then it isn't so certain, they also like changing their minds at the very lat minute. GL! Have fun planning.

No Amount Of Distance Can Seperate The HeartPhotobucketWedding Countdown Ticker
  • kara811kara811 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Agree with PPs. But timing wise, it might be better to wait until after he's enlisted, at least you'll have an idea of where he'll be and all. Look up all the vendors you like, and make sure that they have military clauses in their contracts. Make sure that they can work with you if your date every changes  and that you won't be losing out on money. Good Luck and Happy Planning! :)
  • LaurelindorenLaurelindoren member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I suggest picking a date when he thinks he'll have leave. They usually know what month they'll have leave. Leave generally lasts 2 weeks. Try to find venders who are military friendly. If your husband gets orders to go somewhere last minute you can get out of contracts.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards