Catholic Weddings
Options

Ceremony participants

I assume this is standard for a Catholic wedding with a full mass, but we need 3 reader (2 bible readings and one reader for the prayers of the faithful)  and we also need about 3-4 people to bring up the gifts to the alter.

I am not sure who to ask to be readers and who to ask to bring up the gifts.  FI and I have 4 godparents total so if they were readers then one would be left out.  My confirmation sponsor is my godmother and FI has a seperate confirmation sponsor than his godparents. 

Does anyone have ideas for how to split up the tasks evenly?  I would really like to include the godparents and FI's confirmation sponsor in the ceremony, but not sure how to make it fair.

TIA!

Re: Ceremony participants

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I would ask the godparents to bring up the gifts together.  Then ask FI's confirmation sponsor and two other friends/relatives to do the readings.  That way all of the godparents have the same level of involvement.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Sara presented a good solution.

Another option would be to have the 2 confirmation sponsors do the first and second readings, ask the 3 other godparents to bring up the gifts, and get a friend or family member to do the prayers of the faithful. I know that plan would give the godparent/confirmation sponsor a different role than the others, but I'm sure your other godparent would understand.

Since you are bringing up gifts, do you also need EMEs? That is another role you could fill with special people from your lives.

Additionally, you might want to talk to the godparents and confirmation sponsors to see if they want to participate and to what extent they would be comfortable. For example, one might not be comfortable reading in front of people. Another might perfer to just watch the ceremony.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    ootmother2ootmother2 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    I would suggest using the confirmation sponsors to bring the gifts, there are only two needed.

Some readings can be split between a couple so you could use god parents for those.
  • Options
    Riss91Riss91 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    ditto oot - My sister had 2 people do the prayer for the faithful (alternating lines), so 4 "readers". They didn't have mass, so no gifts...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards