Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums
Options

Wedding shoes

Hey... so, I have an ivory dress and i'm struggling so hard to find shoes that aren't heels. I had back surgery and am not allowed to wear heels, so i'm left to look for flats instead. Would it be okay to wear a silver flat with an ivory dress?? Thoughts???

Re: Wedding shoes

• Options
    go for it. whatever color you desire.

Glenna Harding Photography
  • Options
    I think silver flats would be fine! Some people wear all different colors (blue, pink, etc). I wore white flip-flips and had my toenails painted blue :)
  • Options
    I'm not sure if there were ever any real rules on shoes, but they all gone out the window. Nowadays, you can pretty much were any color/style shoe you want. FWIW, when I went to my first fitting, my seamstress told me she's altared gowns for girls wearing everything from glittery "hooker" stillettos to red Converse sneakers. It's your day, wear what you feel best in.

If you fire a WP member, you're against America.

"Meg cracks me up on the regular. Now she gets to do it in two different forums. Yay!!" ~mkrupar
  • Options
    Definetly.. I'm sure you can find some pretty ballerinas :-)
  • Options
    My sister found some white lace sneakers for her wedding a few years ago.  She opted for comfort and cuteness over sexiness and pain.  You can definitely do the same.
  • Options
    Definitely wear whatever shoes you will feel most comforable in. Color is not an issue.
  • Options
    I think it would be really cute to wear flats of the color you're having for your bridesmaids (if you have any)...ballerina's or flops would be adorable.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards