Iowa-Des Moines
Options

Wedding Ceremony Venue Indianola

We finally booked our reception site at the Indianola Country Club and are looking for a ceremony site.  I thought we'd look at Lake Ahquabi, but after thinking more about it we're thinking perhaps a church/indoor ceremony may be best (no worries about rain/weather/etc).  Anyone have suggestions on indoor ceremony venues in/near Indianola?  We're definitely on a budget (like most people) and would like to keep this at $300 or less.  Any suggestions are appreciated!

Re: Wedding Ceremony Venue Indianola

• Options
    I know someone who got married at the Annett Nature Center in Indianola. They had their ceremony outside on the multi-level deck, but there were some rooms inside if it rained. I dont' know how big your wedding is but this place worked best for smaller weddings.

St. Thomas Aquinas has the pastoral center, but that's more of a reception site and I don't know if they would rent it out as a ceremony location or not.

Lake Ahquabi has a stone lodge available for rent. I don't know if it's the one I'm thinking of or not, but if it is, that would serve as cover from light showers and sprinkles, but not big storms.

A lot of the non-church places I'm thinking of usually do the reception, or the ceremony and reception. There used to be an old apple orchard in Norwalk (a little bit of a drive, yes) that could serve as a ceremony site. There is also Summerset Winery, which has a banquet area that could be transformed. Or maybe even La Vida Loca Winery.

If you want a church, there are some really nice ones in Indianola. I went to one at a church by the square and know Smith Chapel is a popular place. Oh! The dining facility at Simpson has an upstairs area that they rent out (I think) for receptions and banquets that could probably be transformed for a ceremony.

I don't know the prices for any of those places, but they are somewhere for you to start looking at least. Good Luck!
  • Options
    Thank you so much for the help! I'm definitely going to look into these places to see if anything will work :-)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards