Jewish Weddings

Kosher wine for ceremony

Can someone recommend a kosher wine for us to have at the ceremony for the 7 blessings ?

Re: Kosher wine for ceremony

• RachiemooRachiemoo member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited August 2012
    i'd definitely recommend going with a white wine because then you don't have to worry about it staining your dress.  i personally am a huge fan of bartenura moscato, its a white, sweet and slightly bubbly wine.
    image BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I second the recommendation for white wine.  I was worried about my dress!  I just asked my parents to pick up a bottle, because I was worried about finding a selection of kosher wine in our area.  We used Tishbi sauvignon blanc (I just checked our pictures).  I like Bartenura moscato, too, though.  
  • In Response to Kosher wine for ceremony:

It depands:
    Any Kosher wine will do, as long as it is opened by a "Shomer Mitzvot" person.
    If not (and to avoid Nesech issues) you should go for "cooked wines" (a wine which was given a "heat beat" at the begining of the wine preparation process.

Good luck
    (For Hebrew readers, please find the following link: http://www.etzion.org.il/vbm/archive/10-halak/29nesech.php)

Osnat Eldar

Rak Be-Smachot (Hebrew: only in joyous events) Osnat Eldar www.signature-events.co.il
  • Thank you very much for all the great advice ! I will let you know what we end up choosing !
  • Magdala9Magdala9 member
    First Comment
    edited September 2012
    We used Baron Herzog's Riesling.  We bought a dozen different kinds of kosher white wine and threw a wine tasting for the bridal party.  This riesling was the favorite.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards