Michigan-Grand Rapids
Options

Backyard wedding

Hi
I have lost my reception venue and the wedding is August 28 of this year.  After about a week of crying I finally decided to have my reception in my backyard.  We have a very large yard and the neighbors are all fine with the idea so to hell with it we are having it at our home.  I need to know if any knows of any cheap tent rental and port-o-potty rentals.  Also any ideas on how to make this run as smoothly as possible.  I know it isnt the ideal but due to lack of time, money, and available reception venues I feel this will be the best and possibly the only option. So any suggestions would be appreciated.  Thanks!
BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Backyard wedding

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I truly feel for you. We thought we were going through the same thing last week, but we were able to find the money for the last payment for our venue.

Where are you located at? I was pricing tent, table and chairs in the Hastings/Battle Creek area, and those three things were going to run around 1000 for 140 people.
  • Options
    harribroharribro member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wow yeah I totally understand...we are located in Allendale, I already have tables and chairs since we were renting a pull barn so I really only need a tent and port o potties. I just want to find the best price.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I would look at some of the local bridal associations for tents. One of the companies i found is WAY TOO EXPENSIVE! Depending on how big you need, one that holds like 140 should run around $300. There is a company that does really nice porta potties, they are more like trailers, but i cant remember where i found them. I will keep looking. Do a google search for them in the GR area - i did find a couple of companies, but you have to call them for a quote. i think waste management has them also.
  • Options
    harribroharribro member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    yeah I googled them too and now I have to sit down and call and get quotes-  I am not going to try to get every table under the tent since it will be in the evening and no direct sun over head and trees block out most of the setting sun so probably going to get the biggest tent I can afford-about $250 and make do with it!
    BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards