Ohio-Columbus

Picaboo Photobook Groupon/General Info About Your Photo Album

Has anyone dealt with Picaboo before?  Also, did you/are you doing your own photo album or having photographer make it?  Our photographer offers 10x10" books for $550 for 12 matte-finish press printed pages and $1250 for 15 thick gallery flush mounted pages.  Seems like a lot more than on Picaboo, but maybe she does the full stylized edit to the pictures.  Is it worth the money???

Re: Picaboo Photobook Groupon/General Info About Your Photo Album

• edited December 2011

I sent you a private message :)

• edited December 2011

We are having our photographer do our photobook. We made sure to get a package that did.

However, if you are considering DIY-ing your photobook, I found this blog helpful because it breaks down different websites and rates them, gives you information about quality and price points.
    http://www.digitalhomethoughts.com/news/show/97676/13/1/15

Good luck!

• edited December 2011
    I have never used Picaboo, but have heard really good reviews about it here on TK.

You also might want to check out blurb.com
  • edited December 2011
    I definitely say if you can get a professional album from your photographer package, do it. We made sure to have a guest book (which was made from our engagement pics) and a wedding album as part of our package and it's one of the best decisions we made. The books, especially the wedding album, turned out amazing and the print and page quality make such a difference! My stepmom had a photobook made, and the quality doesn't even compare to a professional album. If you don't already have an album built into your package, talk to your photographer and maybe they can incorporate one into your current package for a discounted price, rather than buying one by itself after the wedding. 
  • edited December 2011
    Not from a wedding but I've used Picaboo just to make a photo album and loved it. Really good quality too.
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks so much for your help!  I haven't been on in a few days.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards