Wedding Photography and Videography Forum
Options

One or Two Videographers?

My fiance and I are debating about whether or not we want to hire a second videographer as part of the package we're planning on getting. We're trying to determine if it's worth the cost to hire the second one or if just one camera can get the shots we want.

Can you still get good coverage of the wedding with just one videographer, or is it worth the cost to have two?

-Elisabeth

Re: One or Two Videographers?

• Options
    woodfrogswoodfrogs member
    First Comment First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I have a friend who's a videographer and she must prefers 2 cameras, you get two different perspectives that day, and she can cut back and forth between the 2 cameras making it much more interesting from a visual point of view.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ditto PP. Our video package came with one videographer and an assistant. They captured the whole day using two cameras.  I personally noticed the different perspective shots during the ceremony more than any other part of the video. Would it be possible to request the second person for the ceremony only? Just a thought?
    "If wine is getting in the way of your work, get rid of the work."
    Updated Bio
    E-mail Me!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I have to agree with the ladies above. We also had two cameras/videographers at our wedding and it was most apparent to me when I realized I could see both my reaction and his reaction during our vows.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are having 2 at the ceremony so that there can be someone watching each of us as I walk down the aisle and get close ups as well as wide shots...then just 1 for the reception...it will be crazy enough at the reception. :)
    "The best thing about loving and being hurt is that you get to know what true love really is. For as gold is tested in fire, and so will love be perfected in pain."
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Planning Bio/Blog

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks! We decided to go with 2 in the end. We'll see how well it turns out :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards