Honeymoon Discussions

Riviera Nayarit - to Go, or Not to Go.

http://wedding.theknot.com/honeymoons/honeymoon-planning/articles/50-best-honeymoon-spots.aspx?page=6

This article got me thinking about Riviera Nayarit.  I looked into their official website and the website of the suggested resort and it all looked great.  So what is the downside that makes it "budget?"

Has anyone been?  Can anyone offer me some advice or words of wisdom to help us in our decision :)

Re: Riviera Nayarit - to Go, or Not to Go.

• It's considered "budget" because it's simply not as popular as more well-known areas such as Cancun and Playa del Carmen.  So the hotels can't command higher prices. 

In my opinion, this makes it a more attractive destination...  I'd rather go somewhere that's a bit off the beaten path, and not so Americanized ;)
  • We went to Puerto Vallarta--Riviera Nayaritt for Sp Br 10.  It was great staying at the NH Krystal w/ Apple Vacations.  We went all inclusive for $700.  Included flight, food, and all the drinks you could handle.  Good luck!
  • BTW Riviera Nayaritt is budget because it's still being built up, but PV is part of it and has been there forever so there are def things to do there, just to the South isn't all the way developed.  I would suggest doing PV Adventures Zip line in the mountains.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards