Military Brides
Options

Wedding Consultant or Not?

Hallo all...
I am marrying an Airman in January. I will be graduating with my four year in December. I am trying to decided if a wedding consultant/ planner is a viable option. I would love to hear others experiences with and with out one and suggestions. 
Thanks Innocent
Brittany and Matthew December 28 USAF- Proud Fianc? Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Wedding Consultant or Not?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Are you in town or are you planning out of state/town? Are you organized and good on staying on top of deadlines or making decisions? If you are not I would say Planning will go so much smoother if you hire help.
    I too am marrying an Airman but not until May. If you are finishing up your final year of school and are working I would strongly recommend a planner to help maintain your sanity. If you are super women and can do both another route that is becoming more popular is Day of Coordinators that will basically take over anything wedding related about 2 weeks prior. So if you have all the stuff picked and planned then you can hand it over and relax the last 2 weeks. They will coordinate with all the vendors and help set up and take down.

All that being said I am having a DOC and really excited about being able to relax as the date nears. I'm not hiring a full coordinator because I already know what I have 95% of it planned and/or booked.
    HTH
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Wow, thanks for the information. 
    I had never even heard of a short term coordinator. 
    I am planning an in state, in town; however, I am taking 19 hours to finish up and working. My airman will not be here after August 17th until a couple of days before the wedding. We originally planned for next August but the air force thought otherwise so i am already behind. ah! 
    Brittany and Matthew December 28 USAF- Proud Fianc? Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Air Force loves to make its own plans :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards