Chit Chat

AYG with 2012 here.

It's very simple. In this thread we are going to air our grievances with 2012. Feel free to write about anything that sucked about this year. I'll go first because I have a laundry list.
 F you 2012 for:
1) giving my mom cancer
2) burning down our house the night before our wedding and leaving my family homeless
3) Superstorm Sandy- left us without power for over a week, took my aunt's hourse and another's car. Also took the life of my best friends grandpa.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: AYG with 2012 here.

• Why am I not surprised you want to end the year with a b!tch-fest?

Maybe I'm too optimistic or something, but I'd much rather go out on a "what was good about 2012" type of thread, but hey, it's your board.
    imagemy to-read shelf:
    Steph's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (to-read shelf)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_ayg-with-2012-here?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:14Discussion:842fa46e-2366-4910-acb9-abbdc107680cPost:028b9c19-20d5-4c9f-abfe-f7ecfb3e27f1">Re: AYG with 2012 here.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Why am I not surprised you want to end the year with a b!tch-fest? Maybe I'm too optimistic or something, but I'd much rather go out on a "what was good about 2012" type of thread, but hey, it's your board.
    Posted by StephBeanWed61502[/QUOTE]

I don't really have anything good to say about this year but if you do you're welcome to start a new thread.

• Geez, you had a shitty 2012.  I'm sorry all that stuff happened to you/your family.  I have seen a lot of the same type of sentiments on FB.  I really had an okay year, so no grievances for me.
  • I hated 2012, as well, Hoboken.  I have nothing but love for this thread.

Kidney infections and its year long ramifications
    work crappiness
    STRESS with a capital OHMYGOD I HATE THIS.

Bring it 2013.  I'm ready for a much better year!
  • HB and Joy- I'm sorry you had such a crappy year and hope 2013 brings great things for you both.

I've had many great things happen in 2012, including the wedding, but here are the bad ones:

-I've been TTC since the wedding (sorry if this is TMI) with no luck. I had to stop taking most of my migraine meds and have been prescribed new meds from my obgyn. It's been tough trying to get to work each day with these migraines and dealing with horrible side effects of these new meds
    - We also lost power for a week because of the storm, Sandy but only minimal damage was done to the house
    -I've been feeling the stress as well and started smoking again for a while. I recently quit again
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • HB that is a super crappy year. My main grievance with 2012 is not getting my contact renewed at work and still no permanent job in sight. I spent my entire 20s in med school and residency to now be unemployed.
  • I know it's terrible but I'm almost comforted that other people had crappy years as well.  But the joke is on 2012- it's almost gone and we're all still standing strong.

• a6a14173a6a14173 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited January 2013
    F you 2012. During your reign, I have: Broken my foot Had a herniated back, which is stubbornly persisting into 2013. Prevents me from living my life the way I want to. A good friend found out that she has a weird form of cancer that is incurable and also nonfatal. Actually, that's 2011's fault. But the fact that she had to have open heart surgery as a result of a botched exploration of her chest cavity that's on you 2012 My dog got allergies in 2012. We have no idea what to. Two of my best friends, who were engaged, broke up in 2012. Actually, she moved on 23 months prior and left him. He had no idea. 10 months later, he is still heartbroken. Oh, the viral pneumonia sucked, too. Also, the having my bank account skimmed, my townhouse robbed and my email hacked in the course of 3 weeks... F you 2012, F you. Bring on 2013!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • The only good thing of 2012 for me was getting engaged. The rest of the year can kiss my fat a**! Heres hoping 2013 is a better year!

• Aw, Stage - you beat me.  I'm sorry you're 2012 sucked.  Here's to a better 2013!
  • I'm so glad 2012 is gone.

We both lost our jobs in 2012
    My dad suddenly passed away on our wedding day

I'm just looking forward to a better 2013
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_ayg-with-2012-here?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:842fa46e-2366-4910-acb9-abbdc107680cPost:431d0911-5385-4e79-ac6c-d1c07a51e322">Re: AYG with 2012 here.</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm so glad 2012 is gone. We both lost our jobs in 2012 My dad suddenly passed away on our wedding day I'm just looking forward to a better 2013
    Posted by amymaysa[/QUOTE]

That's so terrible. Hugs

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_ayg-with-2012-here?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:842fa46e-2366-4910-acb9-abbdc107680cPost:9881dc6c-74ce-4e9b-9274-5b09e96c5b12">Re: AYG with 2012 here.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: AYG with 2012 here. : That's so terrible. Hugs
    Posted by HobokenBride2012[/QUOTE]

Thanks. We found out when we got to the venue after bridal party pictures...we went on with the wedding b/c he would have wanted it that way. I'm just happy he got to see me all dressed up.

Life is just so unfair sometimes.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards