Wisconsin
Options

Best Bridal Salons for Plus Size Girls?

Hey ladies, I have a question about your favorite bridal shops that you visited while dress shopping. I'm very apprehensive about shopping for a dress because I'm a bigger girl (I wear size 16 jeans normally, so will probably be around a 20 in bridal) and have heard bad reviews about a number of the "good" shops when it comes to how they deal with plus size girls. I know the number on the tag is not the most important thing in the world, but I do NOT want a consultant making me feel fat while shopping for my wedding dress!

I'm originally from Green Bay but now live in Madison for school, so I'm able and willing to visit any shops in those areas. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Re: Best Bridal Salons for Plus Size Girls?

• Options
    gundy21gundy21 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Check this previous thread....

http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_wisconsin_bridal-salons-plus-sized-bridal-gowns

The two designers I liked best were Maggie Sottero and Mori Lee.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I had a nice visit to the DB in Madison.  They have dresses in most sizes, so you get to try on your size.  I really liked that. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://chinese.weddings.com/Sites/Weddings/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_wisconsin_bridal-salons-plus-size-girls?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:118Discussion:1fd22bd8-695c-4e13-9045-bc872fbd85dePost:f8fdda32-acc0-40f7-b687-51300613c5b3">Best Bridal Salons for Plus Size Girls?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hey ladies, I have a question about your favorite bridal shops that you visited while dress shopping. I'm very apprehensive about shopping for a dress because I'm a bigger girl (I wear size 16 jeans normally, so will probably be around a 20 in bridal) and have heard bad reviews about a number of the "good" shops when it comes to how they deal with plus size girls. I know the number on the tag is not the most important thing in the world, but I do NOT want a consultant making me feel fat while shopping for my wedding dress! I'm originally from Green Bay but now live in Madison for school, so I'm able and willing to visit any shops in those areas. Any suggestions? Thanks!
    Posted by kimberlych[/QUOTE]

I am similar to you and had an unbelievable experience at the Bridal Event in Appleton.  You get your own suite and your own consultant.  They know the stock and they listen to what you like and don't like about each dress you try on and they make great suggestions for you.  No rush to get through and appointment, no pressure to buy, and you can take pictures as you go.

Other family members used them as well and loved them too!

GL!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I cant comment on the bridal event in appleton as well, my friend got her dress there and had an amazing experience as well. I am originally from appleton and plan to go there as well. I also hear that the staff are accomidating (and they carry a range of sizes).
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i got my dress from a private bridal salon in Central Wisconsin but I am wearing Mori Lee.  I usually wear a size 22 in pants and have a 24 dress.  The dress fits me like a glove and I am excited to wear it!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards