May 2012 Weddings

Help!!!

So even though we're not getting married until end of May 2012, I can't even think about anything else but the wedding! How in the world can I stop from letting "wedding fever" consume every bit of me until it really needs to be addressed? I feel like that's all I worry about, and I feel bad that my poor fiance's head is spinning already :( 
Any advice/help is much appreciated, ladies :)

-Aimee <3 

Re: Help!!!

• i am on the same boat dear :(
  • Ughhhh it's awful isn't it!? I'm going nuts with wedding fever, and honestly, I love it! I love the idea of planning and taking the whole year and a half to make every detail perfect, but I just think I might be going a liiiitle overboard ;) 

And what's worse is that this is my last week of classes so I'll be less bogged down with school work and have more free time to plan/conjure up ideas.

May 2012 where are you!?!?!!?! 
  • More time to conjure the better, we only do it once so go planningnuts!
    577906 10151197172303105 844768324 n Follow Me on Pinterest www.shoplovelivelearn.blogspot.com Anniversary
  • I just keep saying to myself that it will come before I know it! Eh. :/
    May 2012: April Signature Challenge: Wedding Venue
    imagePlanning Bio Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Same here! My fiance keeps telling me, "Relax, it will fly by", and here I am just counting hours til the day is done! Ha! 
    Luckily I was super busy with school work tonight and probably will be the rest of the week. Now what to do over Christmas break.....

Have any of you girls booked anything yet? Venue/photog, etc.? 
  • School does help with keeping me busy :) We're waiting until after the holidays to book our venue.
    May 2012: April Signature Challenge: Wedding Venue
    imagePlanning Bio Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I hear Xanax is helpful Tongue out

I kid, I kid.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'm definitely sinking in the same boat as you. But now that we are starting to book things...I'm getting even more restless!! School keeps my mind occupied until the late night and then I stop caring about homework and start planning again. My FI just shakes his head...
  • i planned a year and a half out so i could have all the time to make everything how i want it.  i have booked my venue and found my photog, i like to have my first picks of vendors so i book them early :)
  • If you find a cure please let me know! FI thinks we're planning everything too early and we have plenty of time. I want to make sure we nab all of the good vendors we want to work with first! I also know that next year is going to be super busy for me at work so I want to get a head start on things now.
    I'm loving it though! I get butterflies every time I think about our wedding!
    May '12 Nesties
    March Siggy Challenge: Furbaby
    MARRIED!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Agreed! FI thinks I'm crazy for making appointments to meet with vendors now but I want to have options and choose what we like best. I wish they would just understand! 
  • I feel your pain.

I've already booked my venue because I figure once you find the place you love you might as well nab it.

I'm not doing anything else until the spring probably. Still I spend a good amount of my time on the knot  looking at photos and thinking about my wedding day. I'm so excited!!!!!
    Some advise I can give you is to concentrate on what you can do now or soon, not what you can't do for a long time. For example, although our weddings are a year and a half away, we need to look for dresses soon. So think about that stuff and try to concentrate on the holidays.

I must admit, I've tried all these things and I'm still wedding-obsessed. My fiancee thinks I'm a bit crazy. Tongue out
    Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Maybe if you book a couple things, it will help you relax, or at least be able to contain yourself! I have quite a few things booked, and now that we're under the year and a half mark, no one will look at your like your crazy for booking things, or picking things out.
  • We're meeting our photog tomorrow, and touring a venue on Saturday - hopefully able to book early in the new year! I can't really stop thinking about it either, and find myself making a conscious effort to talk to my friends about ANYTHING but wedding stuff, because I don't want them getting annoyed!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I completely understand..I've been engaged for 9 months already and not getting married til the end of May 2012. I have booked our reception hall and church. My MOH and FI think I'm crazy, but I keep telling them if we book early you get the 2010 or 2011 prices, so in the long run we may be saving a lot of money. I told my FI when we get our vendors picked then I would relax. I kno I felt better after booking the reception hall, so maybe you will too. Keep going...you never know how long it will actually take you to plan a fabulous wedding.Laughing
  • I'm the same way!! But I don't want the wedding to get here yet :) I want to just enjoy every single step of the process.

I think it's easy to think about this stuff when you're supposed to be doing something else (i.e. studying, working...). It's the best procrastination!!

Don't look for the cure to stop being obsessed....soak it all in!! Just make sure that you don't annoy your coworkers, roommates, etc. too much. Talk to your mom, sisters, bridesmaids...they are as excited as you!

All I've booked so far is the reception hall (ceremony is there too). Working on music next. I know what band I want, but haven't gotten a hold of them yet.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards