Illinois-Chicago

Dress shopping dilema

I'm having a dilema on where to go dress shopping.  I have been to one spot that was nice, but had a small selection.  I lke lots of different designers.  Reviews for most shops are awful and I keep getting turned off from going somewhere after reading them. 
Any ideas Chicago area brides?

Re: Dress shopping dilema

• kellym050370kellym050370 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I found that you get out of dress shopping what you put into it. I visited 8 bridal shops (I know it's crazy) but I really wanted to make sure I checked out all my options.  I am a plus size bride so I did a ton of searching on line and with phone calls to make sure that the shops I chose had a decent selection of plus size samples.  This way, I wasn't disappointed if I went into a store that didn't have anything in my size.  I also didn't have the body image hang up (we all get it I know) and I didn't go in with a preconception of what I wanted. I was willing to let the salesladies work with me and was open to their suggestions.  I tried very hard to be bubbly and I think that my positive energy helped make the salesperson at ease as well which made all but one of my experiences great. 
  • MrsPapsMrsPaps member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    where are you wanting to shop? downtown? NW burbs? Western burbs? SW burbs?
    I can recommend Wedding Belles in Barrington and Here Comes the Bride in Addison. both were great!
  • Tally13Tally13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The Crystal Bride in Geneva is where I found my dress.  They have large changing rooms and plenty of room if you come with friends and family.  The girl I had was also very helpful and she made sure to be there for everyone of my appointments.  I also like Bella Bridal in St. Charles and know many people that bought their dresses at both stores with no problems.
  • edited December 2011
    I second Here Comes the Bride! I felt like i got personal attention there. It was the first place I went 6 weeks ago, and after going to 5 more places (some with not so great service) I went back there yeaterday and bought my dress!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards