Nevada-Las Vegas

Scouting Trip Suite Reviews

Ok, I will do seperate posts for my cake reviews for the 5 bakers I went to, resturant reception reviews, misc. info.

Aria - Hospitality Suite: While it is beautiful, very modern, way more updated than Vista and Media - IMO it does not have the space for an In-Suite for around 50 people. Even with moving stuff around, the conference room takes up a lot of space and the table is so huge and heavy I don't even think you can move it over, but even if you can it doesn't give you much more open space. If you have about 25 people it would work.

1 Bedroom Penthouse Suite:
Even though this has less square footage I think this seems way more roomy than the Hospitality. I would only again feel comfortable with about 25 people though, if not less, it's a better layout but still the square footage isn't there.

There are also door people at these two suites that may cause an issue with multiple people going up to the room. With that said, Aria is a beautiful, modern hotel, loved the decor, and I would stay there in general, but we will not be doing our In-Suite there.

MB - Vista Suite: The view is unbeatable, best view of all the Suites. It's a good layout, personally I would feel comfortable with about 40 people in the Suite, max. I counted 19 seating spaces.

Media Suite: This has the better layout over the Vista. It is much more open and bigger. 24 seating spaces. 50 people would fit in here comfortably. Not as good of a view as the Vista, but still a nice view. I like the little media room, it's a nice seperate space. Over the two, I definitely would choose the Media for what we are looking for.

I felt a huge sigh of relief going into the Media in terms of my concern of not enough space for around 50 people. The decor however is a little dated to me, but both the Media and Vista will serve it's purpose for an In-Suite. MB was very accomodating as well which is nice.

TheHotel at MB - E Suite and L Suite: LOVED and by far my favorite. I seriously teared up when I walked in and saw it, as dumb as that sounds! It has the perfect amount of space as well as has the modern decor, flooring, finishings, etc. The Bathroom is unbelievable. Perfect for the bridal party to get ready. The only difference between the E & L, is the E is 100 square ft less, 2,000 something, and the L is 2,100 something, the little office areas are the only difference, and the bathrooms are a tiny bit different. I don't even think you have to move much furniture around, it's a big enough open space I'll post a couple pics below, PM me with your email if you want more. E Suite has 24 seating spaces, L Suite has 27.

The only issue with these two suites may be the price. Without any coupon codes, for our dates in Oct. for a Thurs. it's $649 and Fri. it's at $1,029. We still have a bunch of things to figure out here, but if we do the In-Suite my choice would be one of these rooms, probably the L Suite.

Cosmopolitan - One Bedroom Wrap around Terrace Suite - This is the biggest suite they have as of now, it's 1,200 square feet I think, while the terrace is pretty cool, the layout of the room is not really In-Suite friendly unless you are only having about 10 people in there, even then I wouldn't choose that one due to the layout.

Let me know if you have any questions. These are just my opinion so take them how you will.

Re: Scouting Trip Suite Reviews

• lsvenssonlsvensson member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the reviews!  Can't wait to see your others, too.  I've got my scouting trip coming up on Valentine's weekend and I'm trying to figure out what stops we'll need to make.
  • Sara191431Sara191431 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Here are a couple pictures of the E & L Suite at TheHotel at MB:

Main area, looks bigger in person even.

Bathroom - There's more to it, but just one angle

Bar Area (sorry pic is dark)

Little TV area off the bedroom

This is the wrap around desk area, isn't a very good pic, but it would be perfect for the food I think.

• tlbattagliatlbattaglia member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for sharing the reviews!
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Great pictures! Wow, if the E suite could hold 100 people, I'd be booking it! It looks great. I'm glad you got some good info. Hopefully you got most of your questions answered!
  • edited December 2011
    I'm glad you liked the L Suite.  I felt the same way when I checked it out.  I knew it was the perfect suite for us as soon as we walked in and the decor is totally my style!  Sorry to hear about the price though.  I got a really great price but I'm also having my ceremony and dinner in MB so I got a discount through my WC.  Hopefully you can find a coupon code.  Good luck!
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

@mwkoby - That's what I'm waiting to hear back on, we may switch our ceremony to having it at MB, but we lose our $430 deposit to cancel at Flamingo, but if the discount for the Suite, not needing transportation then, and the floral quote comes back where it basically break us even we are going to do everything at MB, so fingers crossed, but it's a long shot as Flamingo was pretty cheap:(  I knew someone loved the L Suite, but couldn't remember who, so I can't wait to see your pics and reviews from your wedding:)

Thanks Natrasha, yeah right when I walked in I just loved it, from what I looked at nothing compared to it, but we shall see!

First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_scouting-trip-suite-reviews?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:91Discussion:bdff48e8-3395-4c3f-a554-ccadcf41efdfPost:942e1c5c-4f76-446b-af3d-7379683e4aa2">Re: Scouting Trip Suite Reviews</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks for the reviews!  Can't wait to see your others, too.  I've got my scouting trip coming up on Valentine's weekend and I'm trying to figure out what stops we'll need to make.
    Posted by lsvensson[/QUOTE]

Have fun on your scouting trip, there's a lot to see when out there, granted I never want to eat cake again, but I'm glad I did it for sure!
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for the reviews!
    @mwkoby how many people are you having in the suite?
  • edited December 2011
    Sara, my fingers are crossed for you! MB has quite a few options for ceremonies so hopefully one will work with your budget. We're getting married on the beach, which is sadly very expensive but they have some good chapel packages. Aleena is our WC and my experiences with her have been fantastic! Good luck and feel free to ask any MB questions! @ MsFranklintobe - We're going to have 60-76 people in the suite. I wouldn't suggest that many for dinner but we're eating at Bayside Buffet and having a cocktail reception in the suite. That way a lot of people will be standing/mingling so there'll be enough space.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    what do you guys think, we are having an afternoon reception serving appetizers/finger foods for about 75 people. Most people will be dancing and just hanging out. But now wondering about 30 people only able to sit, but that might be okay, right? We are going for a really relaxed reception, just partying really...
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

@Mwkoby - Thanks, I met with Michelle when I was there, she was really nice!  I'm kicking myself we didn't just book them to begin with for everything, hindsight is 20/20 right.

@mrsfranklintobe - Well I guess I would think about how many older people you are having, cause they are the ones who tend to want to sit especially when eating even if it's just apps, and if it's a long day people may tend to want to sit more, but if you are having an afternoon reception it could work.  Idk, IMO, I would be a little worried about that many people, but that's just my thought process  It's a nice big space and I think it's perfect for a cocktail party for that many people, maybe get some of your guests opinions....?

The one thing I didn't like about some of the other suites is seeing people sit on the floor to eat or even hang, that just bothered me for whatever reason. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards