Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

bizarre addressing question...

We just received a gift from one of H's cousins, so H wrote a thank you, and I have no idea how to address the envelope.

H's cousin is divorced (or getting divorced? not positive if it's legal yet) and her married name was "Suzie Jones"; that is still her name on Facebook, so I'm assuming she hasn't changed back to her maiden.  Last we knew she was dating a "Bill Jones" (which is odd b/c it's also her ex's name).  She also signed the card from her son; H honestly doesn't know if the kid was born before or after marriage, but he *thinks* it was the ex-husband's kid so *thinks* he has the same last name.  The card was signed "Suzie, Bill + Sam"

How the heck do I write this envelope?  If I write "Suzie, Bill, and Sam Jones" it makes it seem like they're all the same Jones family, which I don't believe they are (for all I know she's back with her ex though, clearly we're close to these people....).  but listing them all first last feels weird and long.  Then I thought maybe it should be Suzie and Sam Jones and Bill Jones?  No matter how I do it, it just feels weird.

FTR - her wedding invitation was just addressed to "Suzie Jones" and then "Suzie and Bill" was written on the inside.  I'm leaning towards doing that for this too.

Re: bizarre addressing question...

• Options
    Address the outside of the thank you like you addressed the wedding invitation and on the inside write To Suzie, Bill, and Son's Name Thank you for the.....
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I'd just address it to Suzie, then include all of their names inside.  A thank you card envelope doesn't need to be super formal.

If you wanted to go super formal, since they aren't married, it should be:

Ms. Susan Jones
    Mr. William Jones
    Mr. Samuel Jones

Which is a lot of lines.
  • Options
    Thanks ladies, I figured that was the easiest option, I just didn't want anyone to be upset.
  • Options
    So long as you have the street address correct, you really don't need a last name.

I suggest addressing the TY without last names at all.  Use HER model of how to do it.  Like this:

Suzie, Bill, and Sam
    114 Elm Street
    Toledo, OH  43566
  • Options
    [QUOTE]So long as you have the street address correct, you really don't need a last name. I suggest addressing the TY without last names at all.  Use HER model of how to do it.  Like this: Suzie, Bill, and Sam 114 Elm Street Toledo, OH  43566
    Posted by Kristin789[/QUOTE]

This is a great idea!
    Sept. 2012 - March Siggy Challenge:
    Favorite Registry Item
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Follow Me on Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards