South Carolina-Charleston

2 receptions?!?

My FI and I are getting married April 2013. He has a huge family and his father is a pastor, so he also has a huge church family. We've compromised and have a guest list of 370 (a little more than what we intended). Even with 370 guests there will be a lot of people left out. Would it be rude to have 2 receptions? One reception would be after the wedding as normal. The second reception would be Sunday after church, serving cake and drinks. We really want the church to know how appreciative we are of their love and support.  Also, would it be too confusing to invite everybody to the ceremony and let them know we're having a special reception on Sunday following church? Thanks!

Re: 2 receptions?!?

• Sorry this is considered a tiered reception and it's considered very rude. A reception is a thank you to people who attended your wedding, can you imagine how odd it will be when Mr's Jones is talking about going to the reception with Mr Smith who is NOT invited.

Have the wedding you can afford, if you cant afford to have everyone there, then I would start cutting the guest list, or find a venue you can afford to house and feed everyone invited.

I really dont think it's necessary to invite the whole church just because his father is a pastor.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Thank you!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards