Christian Weddings

QOTW - Week of May 29 - Invitations

Will you be (or did you) order invitations or DIY?  

For those ladies that have already done invitations, what tips do you have for the ladies who haven't yet done invitations?

For RSVPs, did you (or will you) consider online RSVPs or will you do them via mail?

Bonus points for PIP (inspiration or actual invite)

Re: QOTW - Week of May 29 - Invitations

• DramaGeekDramaGeek member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We ordered from Costco
    For those ladies that have already done invitations, what tips do you have for the ladies who haven't yet done invitations?
    Have multiple people check spelling, punctuation, etc.  When you've been working on them for a while, it's easy to miss that stuff.  Also, when you assemble, do an assembly line if you have lots ot put in.  We had invitation, reply card, reply envelope, and map to the venue, so we just had an assembly line with me, H, my mom, MOH and a BM, passing the packets down and putting our piece in it.  It went faster and it was fun to hang out with them all.

For RSVPs, did you (or will you) consider online RSVPs or will you do them via mail?
    We did mail only.  If we were to do it all over, we might consider online, but mail was the only real option at the time.

This is the invite we ordered.  Our print was gray (black felt too stark).  The quote on the front was "Two hearts, one love.  Two promises, one covenant.  Two lives, made one in Christ."

It's a tri-fold, in a z pattern, and the top tucks behind the Bible at the bottom.
  • edited December 2011
    We plan on ordering our's from Vistaprint.

It's funny Drama mentioned getting multiple people to spell check. I had a dream last night our names were spelt wrong on the invites!

We are doing good ol fashioned mail.

June 2012 December Siggy Challenge: Favorite Things about Christmas image
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Planning Bio Updated 10/24/2011
  • mrandmrsbristmrandmrsbrist member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ordered from MagnetStreet

Tip:
    Look at several different websites and have an idea of what you want. We found one we liked on weddingpaperdivas.com but it was $50 cheaper on MagnetStreet!

We're doing our RSVP's via mail. I had a friend who got married back in December who tried to do online and the week before her wedding I was watching her post on at least 30 people's Facebook walls asking them to RSVP on the website. Not interested in that. It's so much easier to forget to go to a website than it is to just write on the card when you get it and pop in the mail.

Pregnancy Ticker
    2010: 41 books, 2011: 31 books, 2012: 100 books
  • edited December 2011
    DIY

Don't be afraid that DIY will look unprofessional. The paper you put it on is 75% of the look. For the other 25%, you just fiddle with placement and spacing to see what looks best (after picking an interesting font, of course!). Have someone else look at it, and try out a couple of different possibilities to see what you like. If you're hand-addressing 125 envelopes, DON'T plan on doing them all at the same time! My hand was cramping after doing even 40 of them...

Via mail.

• edited December 2011
    DIY, definitely. As in buying the paper that we want, designing the invitation in Photoshop and taking the file and paper to a printer. There is a printer around here who does color copies for .45 per....so it will be a tremendous savings.

Part of the reason for this is that we cannot find an invite that is anything close to what we want....and custom invites would cost more than we could afford.
    "Who died and made you Dagon?" - stackeye210 I'm supposed to be falling for myself...and not falling for just any guy out there in the world.....
  • edited December 2011
    I ordered mine off of VistaPrint.com.  My advice is have a good idea on what you want but don't order them until you absolutely have to because I'm sure you'll change your mind or tweak them (at least I did).  I liked the mail RSVP's - but MAKE SURE YOU NUMBER THE BACKS!!  It doesn't matter if you have a place for their names, they are certain to forget or just ASSUME you know.  DO NUMBERS!!!

I glued this (without the blue crayon) to the inside of the flap on an envelope, then put the accommodations and response and directions inside the envelope part.  That way, they'd open the "flap" to the envelope and there was the invitation up top with the information below.  :)

ETA:  We didn't even get married where the invitation said because it was flooded.  :P  Oh well!!  I'm hoping to renew our vows where we wanted to get married.  :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards