Florida-South Florida

Registry

Hey girls, i have been gone for a while, studying to the cpa..yikes...anyways, our weddubg is a year from now, when should we start registering?
Thanks for the advice!

Re: Registry

• sambrefe67sambrefe67 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think FI and I are going to start the registry soon. Just to get it out of the way.  One less thing we'd have to think about.  Im not sure if theres an appropriate time to do it.  Some people even register for the engagement party.  I think its one of those things you do when you can, but make sure guests have enough time.
  • sambrefe67sambrefe67 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    AND BTW GL with the cpa!  I know thats a hard one!
  • ladylisaltladylisalt member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I heard 4 months before you register but I am not sure how true it is.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    We did ours before we sent out STDs, so about 6 months out.

It all depends- if one is having an engagement party, they normally register before that. If you aren't sending STDs, then just do it before invitations are sent out or the bridal shower is held.
  • edited December 2011
    I'm 9 months out, and started my registry at Williams-Sonoma (because I work there so it's super easy to add whenever there's something new that comes in Smile).  We're going to register at Crate & Barrel within the next two weeks probably.  I feel like it's not necessary to register 9 months out, but FI's mom wants ideas for when she buys us random presents, which I will definitely not complain about!  I'd say by 6 months it'd be a good idea to do them because you will have lots of current stuff on the registries for your bridal shower(s) and give some options to any of yur guests who like to plan ahead :)
  • edited December 2011
    I started about 4 months out and still in the process. Honestly, I hate it, but it must be done. The only issue I've heard about registering early is that items get discontinued.  That happened to my friend and she received gifts of 2 different china patterns. It was a huge mission for her because she they gave her a hassle about returning the discontinued pattern.
  • Dee729Dee729 member
    First Comment First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    we registered for afew little things just after we got engaged for engagement gift purchases only (really, because my mom said we needed too...people wanted to get us stuff) then about 2 months ago...we spent one day and went to Macy's and registered, then a week later, went to Bed Bath....
    I still add some things here and there online....but some have already been discontinued, so I had to pick new items

• ladylisaltladylisalt member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yes, good point Dee. The earlier you register, the better chance your items are discontinued or you change your mind. I have a friend who registered impulsively as soon as she got engaged. She had a year and a half until her wedding. She told me she has already removed tons of items off her list and changed things. Kind of double work if you ask me.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards