Texas-San Antonio
Options

Boulder Springs Brides

Are you having issues booking a hair and makeup person that is not charging a travel fee?

Re: Boulder Springs Brides

• Options
    saraohairasaraohaira member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i havent ran into that issue bc i'm a hairstylist....
    im sure ALL will charge extra for going on location..that stuff can get PRETTY expensive, especially if it's a saturday
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hmm... yeah you might be right about that. One lady wanted to charge me 100 an hour though!!!
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    oh dang...can i have her job??? haha!
    the only thing about getting someone on location is they're basically only making money on your wedding seeing as they're missing the entire day of work. SO although the 100 an hour is CRAAAZY I can completely understand what she is trying to do. (lucky for the girl that can afford that and sad for the girl that cant yet STILL buys it)  I think your best bet is booking at a salon...on location is amazing but who really wants to spend ALL that money...
    if you're worrying about it staying try an updo...also the stylist should be able to educate your moh on how to put the veil on..
    GOOD LUCK!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I want an updo.. so I have no worries there, but I just hate to have to run around town... plus I don't know too many of the salons here in New Braunfels yet... but I guess Shertz is another possibility. Are you planning on doing your own hair?

• Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    im actually planning on getting one of my bridemaids (also a hairstylist) to do it for me..when is your wedding?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You may want to try The Retreat, Gaston's, Blinder's or one of the places in Gruene.  The three I mentioned have been here for many years.  I go to Blinder's sometimes and they're always super nice and do a great job.  I don't know if they will go on location, but you can ask.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Vanity Eiland only does on location so she might be a little more resonably priced.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Who is this Vanity person or place? Never heard of them!! Details! I am getting kinda desparate. LOL

I went to the Retreat and my biggest down about them is they don't do airbrush... The other places I have not heard of.. but I will also look into them. Thanks ladies!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    A couple of the makeup artists that I've spoken with who did airbrush and regular cosmetics did not think that airbrush makeup was truly the best option for the wedding day.  You may want to ask what the makeup artist suggests when looking for someone, if you aren't already. 
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    yeah..airbrush is awesome but there are also a TON of longwear makeup that is just as good...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My big concern is my freckles.. I have lots of them!! I know everyone thinks they are cute, but sometimes I think they make me look a little too young. You know?? I went to Allen Benjamins Salon today, and they use both. So I guess during my trial they will determine which is better. :)
  • Options
    intendtomarryintendtomarry member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got an email message from The Wedding Studio about their new service hair and makeup, I used them for my wedding and all their service was outstanding, so give them a call
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards