November 2013 Weddings

DIY

I am going to start asking some questions....This board needs to liven up!

Has anyone started any of their DIY projects I have ALL of mine printed out and in my binder and i am starting on some next month...so that way I am not doing it all at the end..

I have alot of rusticness to get done so I cant wait to start....

Re: DIY

• Super organized!! I haven't even thought out that far. What all are you thinking you'll do? 

We haven't really decided on the theme/feel (or even a firm venue) so I'm going to wait a little while to do all of that. I also don't want to drive myself crazy with too much DIY stuff because I'm afraid the stress of planning out of state might already be enough. But I love crafty stuff so maybe I'll get some done when I'm in town visiting. I just don't even know what I'd do! Share your projects!!
  • <div>some of my projects...</div><div>
    </div><div>woodent heart 3 different shapes all painted then stamped with the letter L to line the isle. maybe 200 of them..</div><div>A large wooden letter L stained for everyone to sign as a guest book later to hang in our home.</div><div>A mailbox I need to make look older for our cards.</div><div>Rope words and hearts dipped in glue for accents to the room and tables</div><div>Thats just some</div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div>In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_november-2013-weddings_diy?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:cd1f7f85-cf50-4bfe-9bfc-0a3b46d68364Discussion:23170dfb-1fdd-4616-a7dc-1fb1778fc45dPost:c34c6354-77f9-4a57-95f6-79bb555b02c2">Re: DIY</a>:
    [QUOTE]Super organized!! I haven't even thought out that far. What all are you thinking you'll do?  We haven't really decided on the theme/feel (or even a firm venue) so I'm going to wait a little while to do all of that. I also don't want to drive myself crazy with too much DIY stuff because I'm afraid the stress of planning out of state might already be enough. But I love crafty stuff so maybe I'll get some done when I'm in town visiting. I just don't even know what I'd do! Share your projects!!
    Posted by SMN272[/QUOTE]
  • Mailbox idea sounds super cute. I love rustic older looking things. Post some pics of what you are looking to do. I outsourced most of my DIY. Except for my tree, well my tree i outsourced, the leaves ill do. Lucky we all have to get it done. 
  •   I have ideas printed out and put into my binder, its getting full! I havent started anything yet, but I collected some materials.

I agree this board needs to WAKE UP lol
    ** I don't believe that old cliche that good things come to those who wait. I think good things come to those who want something so bad they can't sit still **
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_november-2013-weddings_diy?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:cd1f7f85-cf50-4bfe-9bfc-0a3b46d68364Discussion:23170dfb-1fdd-4616-a7dc-1fb1778fc45dPost:f2099c84-3236-4dae-a660-3f852f2c073b">Re: DIY</a>:
    [QUOTE]some of my projects... woodent heart 3 different shapes all painted then stamped with the letter L to line the isle. <strong>maybe 200 of them.</strong>. A large wooden letter L stained for everyone to sign as a guest book later to hang in our home. A mailbox I need to make look older for our cards. Rope words and hearts dipped in glue for accents to the room and tables Thats just some In Response to Re: DIY :
    Posted by bratto06[/QUOTE]

<div>Oh man!! Maybe a good idea to get started then if you have to make 200 of them! </div><div>
    </div><div>I agree the mailbox idea is really cute, and I like the idea of the big letter as a guest book! There are so many neat guest book ideas floating around now, I am excited to decide what we'll do.</div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards