Snarky Brides

Tell me about idiots in your life.

2»

Re: Tell me about idiots in your life.

• Wow, B. Just wow. I honestly don't know how I'd react to someone driving over to my office just to cuss me out.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_tell-idiots-life?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:58a30ac2-3e93-4f88-9fe5-4356caf8a1b5Post:866ba819-3f0a-4260-9c81-f4e8b04fdac6">Re: Tell me about idiots in your life.</a>:
    [QUOTE]B, that is so freakin stupid. What would happen if you just emailed her directly? How immature. I can't believe the boss is backing her. KD, does the girl you know also frequently ask for advice then never take any of it? I'm at the end of my rope and am done pretending to be happy for her when she chooses losers (I can only assume they are, because all I ever hear are the bad things).
    Posted by Seshat411[/QUOTE]

It's people like this that I have slowly backed away from over the years. Not to say I wasn't stupid in some of my choices when I was younger (3rd marriage), and she may get it as she gets a little older. I believe and there is scientific proof that the part of your brain that deals with consequences doesn't evolve until you are 25. Not to say there aren't those that dont even get it when they are 45, but you know what I'm getting at. Just hang back, and let her make her mistakes, don't offer advice. She may get it, but there may be a time you need to walk away. But give her a chance to grow up so to speak. They cant all be Any's!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_tell-idiots-life?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:58a30ac2-3e93-4f88-9fe5-4356caf8a1b5Post:b20b9607-9af8-44c0-98fc-6b568989a41f">Re: Tell me about idiots in your life.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tell me about idiots in your life. : When would a 21-year-old have ever had to use a fax machine?  It's not like they teach it in school.
    Posted by marriedfilingjointly[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I hadn't used one until I started working here. It was really not that hard to figure out though.
  • It is sad, B - but I can totally see you in this situation, trying to set this chick straight.  Your co-worker is an ignorant imbecile who is also apparently overly-sensitive, and you just don't take stupid shiit from anyone.  I'm just really surprised your bosses have rolled over and forbade you to talk to her.  That's ludicrous.  You'll have to keep us posted on the up and coming demise of her career.  I so do enjoy when dumb people get what's coming to them.
    panther
  • Yeah, I'm not sure I'd call a 21 year old who didn't know how to use a fax machine an idiot.  Especially since all fax machines are different too.

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • I think there are rules about cussing people out in the workplace. But I'm sure thats another can you wish not to open. But I really cant believe the behavior of these "adults" in the workplace.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_tell-idiots-life?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:58a30ac2-3e93-4f88-9fe5-4356caf8a1b5Post:9148e8ee-d18e-45f0-900a-a830889557cb">Re: Tell me about idiots in your life.</a>:
    [QUOTE]It is sad, B - but I can totally see you in this situation, trying to set this chick straight.  Your co-worker is an ignorant imbecile who is also apparently overly-sensitive, and you just don't take stupid shiit from anyone.  I'm just really surprised your bosses have rolled over and forbade you to talk to her.  That's ludicrous.  You'll have to keep us posted on the up and coming demise of her career. <strong> I so do enjoy when dumb people get what's coming to them.
    </strong>Posted by AllAboutTheBenjamin[/QUOTE]

Me too. 

People driving stupid is definitely a pet peeve of mine, too.  We don't get a lot of snow here, but people still drive stupid when it rains.  It rains here often enough that you'd think people would know better.  Now, when we DO get snow - God help us all!  People lose their minds.
    Anniversary
  • Uh, one of my ex-coworkers was not only an idiot, but her idiocy put me and other coworkers in risk of physical danger on several occasions. 

• It's seriously ridiculous.  You're right, AATB, I take no shiit, but this whole thing started because she stuck her nose into something that didn't involve her.  She was trying to prove someone else made a mistake, in hopes they'd get fired.  The person she was trying to screw over did nothing wrong, and happens to be a friend of mine, so when the aggressor called to ask me how to fix the issue I told her what to do, even though it wasn't something I should have been involved in to begin with.  She then called me 3 more times, asking the same question.  The final time I said to her that it wasn't my job to walk her through this so she had to work it out with the person who's job it was.  That got me called a snarky bitch, in email.  My boss was livid, as were the other executives within the company.  Her boss backed her bvecause her boss is a sexist bigot who can't handle a strong woman (I used to work for her boss too, so I know him very well).

Did I mention the original problem still hasn't been fixed because of all this childish bullshit?  We're going on 2 months of it sitting out there waiting to be fixed.
    kd.joseph's wish is my command
    Just call me "Brothel"
    And betrothed, I'm disgusted with most of the comments that you have posted. I don't think I've ever read such judgmental comments in my life. I'm so lucky that the girls I speak to on theknot are nothing like you...I would've never come on here for ADVICE if I would've encountered a big a bitch as you. I genuinely feel awful for your children or your future children, and I think it would be irresponsible of YOU not to invest in their future therapy sessions starting now. Because trust me when I tell you honey, they're gonna need it. ~jcaruncho2010
    my read shelf:
    Betrothed 123's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • My brother's former stepdaughter is an absolute moron.  She quit school in the 9th grade, got pregnant at 15, and chased the babydaddy off with her ridiculous self.  She's been on three 72 hour psych holds in the past 2 years, and gets regular visits from CPS to keep the baby safe from her.  Somehow she got a GED (with credit for 'life experience' wtf??) and is attending community college for FREE.   Oh, and one of the many reasons her status is 'former' stepdaughter is that she put my brother's clothes in the bathtub and set them on fire.  Yeah, she's a peach too.
    imageFollow Me on Pinterest
  • Betrothed, I feel like you work with a bunch of immature assholes.  I mean, I get that every office has one, or a couple, but I get the feeling that you're the ONLY intelligent, not totally self serving, mature person that you work with.

• Holy crap on a cracker - I think B's workplace wins the office drama award!
    panther
  • J- My boss and the other executives come to me on a regular basis to forward compliments about how professional I am here, which says quite a bit about how unprofessional everyone else is.

And drama... holy crap I could write books about this place.  You guys have heard some of the tamer stories.  This place is the reason I take no shiit.  I used to be really shy and just let anyone walk all over me.
    Just call me "Brothel"
    And betrothed, I'm disgusted with most of the comments that you have posted. I don't think I've ever read such judgmental comments in my life. I'm so lucky that the girls I speak to on theknot are nothing like you...I would've never come on here for ADVICE if I would've encountered a big a bitch as you. I genuinely feel awful for your children or your future children, and I think it would be irresponsible of YOU not to invest in their future therapy sessions starting now. Because trust me when I tell you honey, they're gonna need it. ~jcaruncho2010
    my read shelf:
    Betrothed 123's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_tell-idiots-life?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:58a30ac2-3e93-4f88-9fe5-4356caf8a1b5Post:6031dce8-073c-4988-880c-2cb54e4ff15a">Re: Tell me about idiots in your life.</a>:
    [QUOTE]We get the dumb drivers up in No-Dak too, of course.  Last night I was taking the interstate back to our new place and I was going about 50 mph, because the roads were slick and there was snow blowing over them.  Sometimes I'd drop it down to 45 or even 40.  And you know every truck or SUV has to whiz by you, almost as if to say "Why are you driving so slow, dumbass?"  Uh, because the roads are slippery and visibility is crap? <strong> And usually these assbags are the ones you pass later on - and they're in the ditch.
    </strong>Posted by AllAboutTheBenjamin[/QUOTE]

And when I drive by them, I point and do the Simpson's Nelson laugh (hah hah).
  • Someday, B, I hope you get a kick ass promotion and you can clean house and hire a bunch of non-idiots.

• Thanks, J :)
    Just call me "Brothel"
    my read shelf:
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_tell-idiots-life?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:58a30ac2-3e93-4f88-9fe5-4356caf8a1b5Post:d0435aeb-c2c7-4d06-8068-82741d3880ef">Re: Tell me about idiots in your life.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tell me about idiots in your life. : And when I drive by them, I point and do the Simpson's Nelson laugh (hah hah).
    Posted by Bkseller13[/QUOTE]

*high five*
    panther
  • My boss is such an idiot he has called me in to his office because he couldn't find the escape key on his keyboard.

FOUR different times. It has been in the same place (1st key on the left!) the whole time.

Who the hell uses the escape key anyway?
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_tell-idiots-life?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:58a30ac2-3e93-4f88-9fe5-4356caf8a1b5Post:8d1497c5-783e-41a5-b947-a8e6c6fadab8">Re: Tell me about idiots in your life.</a>:
    [QUOTE]I ran into a girl that I went to high school with this morning at the gas station. She couldn't wait to tell me that she's 24 weeks pregnant. For most people I would be happy at the news, but the fact that she has 5 children already, only has custody of one of them due to the others being born with fetal alcohol syndrome or other mental disabilities due to drinking and drug use during pregnancy, I wanted to scream and yell at her. I can only hope and pray that she's learned something from the other 5 pregnancies and isn't harming this child. The one child she does have custody of she delivered at 26 weeks, and she's the one with fetal alcohol syndrome, I don't know how in the hell she still has custody. It breaks my heart for all of the women out there that would give anything to experience pregnancy and motherhood. 
    Posted by dmiller9274[/QUOTE]

This makes me so angry. I think there are many people out there who should be sterilized because they are not fit to have children.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_tell-idiots-life?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:58a30ac2-3e93-4f88-9fe5-4356caf8a1b5Post:21faaa1e-bbc5-45e7-93b5-63851bb88254">Re: Tell me about idiots in your life.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tell me about idiots in your life. : This makes me so angry. I think there are many people out there who should be sterilized because they are not fit to have children.
    Posted by JennaV26[/QUOTE]

Wow...there are a ton of bad parents out there, I agree, but you do know that  Hitler did this, right? Who gets to choose whether someone should be sterilized?  What kind of society do you want to be in?
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_tell-idiots-life?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:58a30ac2-3e93-4f88-9fe5-4356caf8a1b5Post:fb331dfb-8d59-4361-b5f3-3a6c37777b98">Re: Tell me about idiots in your life.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tell me about idiots in your life. : Wow...there are a ton of bad parents out there, I agree, but you do know that  Hitler did this, right? Who gets to choose whether someone should be sterilized?  What kind of society do you want to be in?
    Posted by allisong23[/QUOTE]

When a woman has 5 children and only manages to keep custody of 1 and that one has fetal alcohol syndrome I think it's time she be cut off. Maybe jail would be the answer because taking her children away certainly hasn't made her change her ways.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_tell-idiots-life?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:58a30ac2-3e93-4f88-9fe5-4356caf8a1b5Post:40579273-9603-4fb8-b405-4e2c546d22d0">Re: Tell me about idiots in your life.</a>:
    [QUOTE]If I email her directly her boss will call me and cuss me out and when I hang up on him, as you all know I would do at some point, he'd drive his ass over here, stand in my office, and continue screaming and cussing me out.  It's happened before.
    Posted by betrothed123[/QUOTE]

You seriously need to scream right back at him. Fvck that.
    imageimage
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_tell-idiots-life?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:58a30ac2-3e93-4f88-9fe5-4356caf8a1b5Post:660d807f-fd61-4929-8790-d40374cd8bee">Re: Tell me about idiots in your life.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tell me about idiots in your life. : You seriously need to scream right back at him. Fvck that.
    Posted by JenGin74[/QUOTE]
    There's no need to scream.  Nothing pisses him off more than when I don't stoop to his level.  It's actually much more satisfying to watch him get more and more angry as I sit there with a shiteating grin on my face saying "Uh-huh.  Yup.  Yeah."
    Just call me "Brothel"
    my read shelf:
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_tell-idiots-life?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:58a30ac2-3e93-4f88-9fe5-4356caf8a1b5Post:07c314f1-f47e-4a61-b386-cca474d6fc34">Re: Tell me about idiots in your life.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tell me about idiots in your life. : There's no need to scream.  Nothing pisses him off more than when I don't stoop to his level.  It's actually much more satisfying to watch him get more and more angry as I sit there with a shiteating grin on my face saying "Uh-huh.  Yup.  Yeah."
    Posted by betrothed123[/QUOTE]

I like that approach. I could never do it though. My temper would get the better of me.
    imageimage
  • I find it easier to let go afterward if I don't let it bother me while it's going on.  I know it's his own insecurities and fear driving it.  If I allow myself to get riled up about it, I end up feeling really anxious for the rest of the day, and then I spend all night mulling over whether or not I should have let him get to me.  And then I have no one to blame but myself for all that anxiety and lack of sleep.  So in the end taking the high road not only benefits me in that I get to keep my job, but it's a much healthier way for me to live.
    Just call me "Brothel"
    my read shelf:
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_tell-idiots-life?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:58a30ac2-3e93-4f88-9fe5-4356caf8a1b5Post:eef1885d-1cf8-47bf-b7b2-a39bba14bd5e">Re: Tell me about idiots in your life.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tell me about idiots in your life. : When a woman has 5 children and only manages to keep custody of 1 and that one has fetal alcohol syndrome I think it's time she be cut off. Maybe jail would be the answer because taking her children away certainly hasn't made her change her ways.
    Posted by JennaV26[/QUOTE]
    I agree with you! I know that it will never happen, but it makes my blood boil that children have to suffer like this. Her oldest three sons have been bounced around different foster care homes. I think kids need a stable environment, and can't imagine how much stress it adds to their lives wondering when they'll be yanked from another home. I should add that I know so much about her situation because a good friend of mine has custody of one of this girls daughters.  
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_tell-idiots-life?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:58a30ac2-3e93-4f88-9fe5-4356caf8a1b5Post:6b1ef306-fbbc-4e83-aace-cbc1d8e0ea8c">Re: Tell me about idiots in your life.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tell me about idiots in your life. : I agree with you! I know that it will never happen, but it makes my blood boil that children have to suffer like this. Her oldest three sons have been bounced around different foster care homes. I think kids need a stable environment, and can't imagine how much stress it adds to their lives wondering when they'll be yanked from another home. I should add that I know so much about her situation because a good friend of mine has custody of one of this girls daughters.  
    Posted by dmiller9274[/QUOTE]

This makes me so sad. I also can't believe how happy this woman is that she's pregnant again. Does she not realize what she's putting her children through? Either she thinks this one will be different or she really doesn't give a damn. I don't see any other options.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards