Pennsylvania

Northampton Country Club reviews?

I'm looking for a venue on a budget (under $100/pp inc. everything) and came across the Northamptom Country Club.

The website looks pretty and food sounds great. Has anyone been there before or heard reviews?

Thanks!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Northampton Country Club reviews?

• edited December 2011
    I live near by, it`s a very nice place. I never been there but when we were looking for a venue we were told that you have to be a member of the club in order to have a wedding there. I`m not sure, but double check:))

Good luck:)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • MrMrsHunt2010MrMrsHunt2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It is a very gorgeous place- I love the area they have for cocktail hour- it has huge windows and is beautiful. I am pretty sure that beatavic is correct though about having to be a member or at least knowing someone who is a member. My friend is getting married there in July and I think someone in her family is a member.
  • Play getawayPlay getaway member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I thought that was weird because I have emailed them numerous times and they never said anything so I just called them to ask and they said you do not have to bea member.
     Great news for everyone because it does seem like a nice venue and gives people more options to go there if you're interested!
    Thanks so much for your help & if anyone else has reviews of them or their food from the day of, feel free to let me know!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • SusieQ1981SusieQ1981 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    NCCC is hard up for money right now - so I don't think they're being as exclusive as they used to be.  Just something to keep in mind as you plan your event (they're not so bad off that they're going to shut down, but the service/quality might not be what it used to be).
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker For two people in a marriage to live together day after day is unquestionably the one miracle the Vatican has overlooked. PersonalMilestone
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    oh no.
       Have you been there or heard about their service recently?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • EricandMonicaEricandMonica member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am getting married there this July and LOVE the place. My fiance and I looked around PA and NJ for a beautiful country club there would not break our budget and when we saw Northampton Valley we knew that was the right place. Ask for Brigid or Kristen when you call and be sure to leave them a message. Both are super helpful and make you feel like you can plan a wedding in any amount of time.

If you are look for the best deal and a gorgeous place, I would strongly recommend them. I was determined to get married outside facing a golf course, yet did not belong to a country club. We also tasted the food we selected for our guests and was pleased as well. The drive into that area is nice and you will not have a problem with guests getting lost or confused in Richboro/Newtown area.

Good luck!
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks Eric& monica!

We had planned on tasting this weekend actually but after showing my mom the website, i realized they have a fence semi around the dance floor.  We called them to clarify and they said it was there & could not be moved.  Then i noticed it was in the corner of the room.  It doesn't sound like a big deal but our whole ideal is one big party and we can't see the flow with a fence around it.  Also feel it would be difficult for older family to get on & off that way, i can see them feeling around with their foot for an invisible step being that there's a fence or some drunk people tumbling onto each other or something trying to get on the dance floor b/c it's a small space to walk onto vs. an open floor plan.

So ultimately we decided against it for that reason. I do agree though that they seemed nice everytime we spoke on the phone, i always spoke with Bridget and she seemed very accomadating. It's just not for us.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards