Wedding Reception Forum

Entrance?

So, we are having our dinner reception in a private room of a restaurant. Everyone will be there before us since we'll be doing a few pictures after the ceremony. We aren't having a dj or dancing, only an accoustic guitarist playing background music throughout cocktail hour and dinner. Should we have some kind of introduction from our DOC? Or just walk in casually during cocktail hour and start to mingle? Also, should we introduce the wedding party, since they won't be introduced either if we aren't, or just let them introduce themselves during toasts?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Entrance?

• I didn't introduce my wedding party.  I just listed them in the program.  I had never heard of this until I came on TK. 

I think it's up to you--I personally like the idea of your DOC or someone just saying something like "Ladies and Gentlemen, please welcome Mr. and Mrs.__."  Since it's a more casual affair, I think either would be fine.
  • <div>I think someone should introduce you maybe the guitar player, but I don't think you need to introduce your wedding party (I've always thought it was SO cheesy when each groomsman has their own song lol!)</div><div>
    </div>In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_reception-ideas_entrance?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:5Discussion:1bd6ef30-030e-42cf-9d96-fac9077a73d5Post:f1e5a0d8-038c-41f4-b63b-0c5df5726602">Entrance?</a>:<div>[QUOTE]So, we are having our dinner reception in a private room of a restaurant. Everyone will be there before us since we'll be doing a few pictures after the ceremony. We aren't having a dj or dancing, only an accoustic guitarist playing background music throughout cocktail hour and dinner. Should we have some kind of introduction from our DOC? Or just walk in casually during cocktail hour and start to mingle? Also, should we introduce the wedding party, since they won't be introduced either if we aren't, or just let them introduce themselves during toasts?
    Posted by orangehills[/QUOTE]

</div>
    Fashion and design lover
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards