Rhode Island
Options

Cheapest Reception Venue Possible

Hi Everyone,

I have a huge family and they all drink. I was planning on having my wedding reception at Goddard park until I found out about the no alcohol thing. I have about 125-140 people I'm inviting and was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for a venue. Right now I'm looking at the Radisson/Crowne Plaza/Rhodes on the Pawtuxet.

Re: Cheapest Reception Venue Possible

• Options
    RoyalOrientRoyalOrient member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi there! I am not sure if "Cheap" is the appropriate word to describe the venues you listed above as rates definitely varies depending on a number of factors (day, size, meal selection). However, there are some budget friendly options available. I think the Radisson in Providence is fairly budget friendly. I am not sure about the other two you listed - if you are interested in open bar or partial open bar.

Jacky's Galaxie, Bristol, R.I
    The Meeting House, Tiverton, R.I  (must bring your own caterer)
    Bittersweet Farms in Westport, MA
    Independence Habor, Freetown MA
    Crystal Lake Country Club
    Quidnessett Country Club

I brought in my own alcohol for our wedding at Easton Beach and hired two TIPS certified bar tender as well as bought a liquor license for a open bar. I purchased ultra premium liquor from NH and 4 different beers plus all the tonics and fixings and drinke ware which were supplied via our bar tenders for about $1850 for everything. This is for 160 adults. 

• Options
    yuyukachooyuyukachoo member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We were thinking of having an off-season wedding in March/April on a Friday in order to save money, if that helps.

Thank you for the info on open bars though. 1850 for 160 people is not bad at all. :)
  • Options
    courtchacecourtchace member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You could also check out Kirkbrae Country Club in Lincoln, RI. Thats where we are doing our ceremony and reception. They have an awesome outdoor deck that overlooks the golf course. It is beautiful and affordable!
  • Options
    KBinRIKBinRI member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Quonset 'O' Club has some really affordable packages. We were booking a banquet recently and they had the best rates we found.

I think your crowd is on the larger end for The Meeting House. I wouldn't classify its "in season" rates as cheap, necessarily, as we spent about $4,500 just on deposit/hostess fees, venue fee and tent/rentals, but I believe it is much more affordable in the off season. Also, you have to have open (hosted) bar there; no cash bar allowed if that's a consideration.

Kinney Bungalow in Narragansett is also nice and among the more affordable venues we looked at. Again, though, you have to bring in a caterer and must host an open bar.
    Kristen and Bryan ~ 10-10-10 Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    frggsiefrggsie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Corinne's Banquet Hall in Pawtucket had pretty good pricing. Their dinners start at $11 per person
  • Options
    i2012doi2012do member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm going to 2nd Cystal Lake.
    I believe there was a former RI knottie who did her entire wedding for $15000 there.

I'm pretty sure most hotels in the same range as the ones you looked at will give you pretty competitive pricing:
    Such as: The radisson or Sheraton in Warwick

Also, the Venus de Milo is known for having large, affordable weddings there.
    There is usually a wedding show there every January/Feb
    www.weddedeverafter.blogspot.com
    167 Invited image 34 Attending image Declined 4 image Still Waiting 129 image
  • Options
    EyejewelEyejewel member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have to third Crystal Lake. It has a nice waterview very reasonable. but the Saturdays book up quick. I was looking for next summer and I think they're were mostly fridays left. My cousins is coming in around $10K for Crystal Lake.  I was looking at Crowne and Rhodes but the min. killed the deal.  I think the Radission was $55 person w/ hour open bar - cheaper without open.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm having my reception and cermony at the crown plaza, and you can get a really good deal depending on the time of year you have it. Mine is in late Novemer. They include and hour open bar, 2 bottles of wine per table, and a champagne toast, along with the cake, waitstaffe, etc. (even an ice sculpture!!). The rotunda room is less expensive, beautiful and fits 160 people.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards