Attire & Accessories Forum

Two color WP - what color should the guys wear?

Hello all -

My girls are wearing two different colors at the wedding.  My MOH will be in dark purple and my 'maids will be in pewter. I have an uneven number of gals and guys.

I wanted some advise for what the groomsmen should wear.  Should the BM wear the purple to match my MOH and the groomsmen wear the pewter to match the other girls?  I am also not sure what color my FI should wear - I will be in ivory.  Black or Ivory?

I already had a nightmare about the groomsmen attire - they were all wearing silver clown sized bowties, so I'm a bit nervous.  And completely clueless!

Re: Two color WP - what color should the guys wear?

•  I think the guys should match the girl they walk with. and Fi maybe in a black tux with ivory vest and tie?   JMO though
    wedding countdown
  • I agree they should match who they are walking down with
  • Im not going to have the GM match the BM.  My FI is going to wear a classic black tux w/ black  vest, the GM will wear a Black tux w/ charcoal vests.  Not sure if you considered this, but thought I'd throw it out there.
  • We are not having the GM's match the BM's either. Guys are wearing black tuxes with silver shirts and ties. I have the 6 ladies in 2 different colors, 3 in each and they are all wearing silver shoes to match the guy's tuxes. My FI is wearing a diamond white shirt bc my dress is diamond white. HTH
  • I agree with the non-matching! My girls are wearing grape and the guys will be in either black or silver...most likely all black. I'm wearing diamond white so fiance will be as close to me as we can find.

• What if you did your fi in an ivory tie and either an ivory vest or pewter vest. The groomsmen could have pewter vests and purple ties, or you could do the BM in purple to match the MOH and the rest of the guys in pewter to match the other girls. My colors are aqua and chocolate. My fi is wearing a black tux with a grey vest and white tie, groomsmen are wearing black tuxes, grey vests and an aqua tie
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    My Planning Bio
    123image 64image 35 image 24image RSVP Deadline: June 15, 2010
  • I really like the idea of all the guys in black suits, black ties w. their Converse, but I didn't know if that was okay.  I think I might go that route and my FI will have a different bout to be stand out. I'm iffy about the ivory - I guess he'll have to play dress up when we go so I can decide! 

Thanks guys for all yr help!! 
  • I agree that the best man should wear a purple to match the MOH and the other guys should wear the pewter.  I also think your groom should wear a black tux with ivory tie and vest.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • felkelsfelkels member
    First Comment
    I have the same color scheme!  My girls are wearing dark purple dresses and the guys are wearing matching ties and vests with black tuxes...the groom will be in black tux and white vest and tie (in your case ivory and maybe an ivory shirt rather than white so the ivory does not stand out way to much)  I would be perfectly fine with the guys in the puter tie and vest though with my girls in purple, they are a great color combo...even though they are not exactly the same...they do match and look great togheter. 
  • efujanefujan member
    First Comment
    I've got a mix & match group too!
    bride - ivory
    groom - black tux, ivory shirt, pewter vest & tie

bridesmaids - pewter dresses with kiwi green & white flowers
    groomsmen - black tux, kiwi green vest & tie

flower girls - green dresses
    ring bearer - black tux with kiwi green vest & tie

I could not find a lime/kiwi green I liked for the BM dresses, so we went to pewter and everything's going to be shifted a little, but I think that'll still keep that pop of green in there without being too much!

PS - do a gut check on dressing the best man and the groom both in unique colors from the rest of the WP, it could look just a little too pieced together - or could take away from the groom standing out from the rest of the guys . . . in the end it's totally your call & will look beautiful!!!
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards