Rhode Island

DJ Recommendations

Hi ladies! My fiance and I have been quoted a rate of $1495 for a 5 hour wedding in Newport on July 12, 2014 by a local DJ who comes to us highly recommended by family-- Rick Lataille of Arpeggio Wedding Entertainment. I met him recently and he seems to fit our needs (no chicken dance, no lighting, no stealing the show, etc), but I'm curious as to how his rate compares to other djs you all have booked/recommend. Has anyone worked with Rick or his company before? Thanks so much for your help!

Re: DJ Recommendations

• Can't help with reviews for Arpeggio but we are paying $875 for 5hrs using Moondance. I was looking for the same things you are. I am going to give our dj a playlist. I'm pretty comfortable with our choice.
  • Ven&RadioVen&Radio member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited February 2013
    The DJ is a very important part of your wedding.  I've been to two weddings in the last year where the dance floor was empty because the music just wasn't very "danceable".  If multiple people you know are recommending this DJ, that would carry alot of weight with me.  $1495 isn't cheap, but if it's in your budget, go for it.

We met with several DJs before settling on one.  We booked with Music on the Move, for a two-man package, 5 hours (ceremony/cocktail hour/reception setup), for $1200.  If we want them to do lighting, there isn't an additional charge. 
  • I agree, the DJ is the most important part of the wedding besides the food/venue.

I used DJ MaShane (http://www.DJMaShane.com) for my wedding and my bff is using them as well for her wedding coming up. They start at $1000.  They charge extra for uplighting and monograms but you get everything else included.  They also have really good videographer prices with their packages.  I think it's only an extra few hundred for the videographer.  Paul and Shane are both great guys to work with!

Good luck
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards