Missouri-Kansas City

HyVee Bakery for Wedding Cake?

Has anyone used HyVee for their Wedding cake?  I wanted to see if they are reasonably priced and what their quality was?  Would anyone reccomend it?
imageAnniversary

Re: HyVee Bakery for Wedding Cake?

• kelleyku05kelleyku05 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm not using them, but I've eatin it before and it was good!
  • chyleinachyleina member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was at a wedding with a HyVee cake. It was good! And well priced, compared to other local shops. And I've only heard good things about them.
    I even had a taste-testing with them...we loved it! I think for about 110 guests, it was going to cost about 350 bucks. But we are getting cupcakes from there rather than a traditional cake, to further save money!
    Hope that helps!!
  • edited December 2011
    I am getting my flowers from Hyvee and would have totally gotten my cake there too. However, my fiance wants a certain grooms cake that they can't do. I have heard great things about them with cakes though!!
  • edited December 2011
    We got our wedding cake from Hy-Vee and it was great!  It looked exactly how I wanted it to and it was so yummy.  It was also very reasonably priced.
    My Book Blog

my read shelf:
    Denise's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • OpiesladyOpieslady member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're getting ours through them, and yes they're definitely reasonably priced.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • redroses5632redroses5632 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My cousin worked in a Hyvee bakery and told me all the ins and outs of their wedding cakes. Pricing depends on which HyVee you go to, but hers runs $2-$4 a slice for just a plain buttercream cake with very little detail. Fondant adds another $1 per slice. Elaborate decoration is custom priced. Their cakes are very yummy, but they don't have a wide variety of flavors, I think just vanilla/almond, chocolate, and marble. Hope this helped!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

201 Invited 12 Attending 6 Declined 183 Not Replied
    RSVP Date: October 1st

• edited December 2011
    Which Hy-Vee?  Keep in mind they all have different bakers/decorators.  Make sure you ask to see photos of that particular decorator's work when you go for your consultation so you have an idea of their personal skill level.  The only Hy-Vee I have experience with is the Overland Park one (my friend used them for her wedding), and their work was fabulous.
  • snok83snok83 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are going to also be using HyVee as our caterer and for cake.  I think they told me it was going to be around $3.50 a slice.  I got two price quotes that is suppose to serve around 120 or so people.  If I wanted a 2 tier cake and a sheet cakes, then it was going to be around $275 or so.  I know a 3 tier cake with no sheet cakes was going to run around $400.  I know if you get caterer, flowers and cake with them.  You get a 10% discount.  Something to consider.  I have heard great things about the HyVee in our area. 
  • edited December 2011
    I just called Hyvee the other day for pricing and I was told $3 a serving for buttercream and $6 per serving for fondant
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • AngieK42AngieK42 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got my cake for 215 people at Price Chopper for 350. It tasted great! When I compared that to Hyvee for that many, it was going to be around 640 I think.Smile
  • Smfs816Smfs816 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Their cakes are always yummy. I use them for every event.
    IAmPregnant Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards