Colorado-Denver
Options

Photographers

How much are people spending and any recommendations on a particular photographer?

Re: Photographers

• Options
    HeywhitneyHeywhitney member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm spending <$3000 and getting what people pay >$5000 for some photographers.  My photographer is Gail Buhler from Encore Photography.  She's a preferred vendor at the place I am getting married.  Our engagement session is this sunday! I'll let you know how it goes.

You can see her work on www.encoreportraits.com

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    JessieR933JessieR933 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am spending about $1500. And you get all the rights to your pictures for no extra cost, and can print them anywhere!  Allen is amazing. He did my friend's wedding last month and the pictures were to die for. I cannot wait for my wedding to see my pictures. Let us know who you go with. 

http://www.k2photostudio.com/
    Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest!
  • Options
    JessieR933JessieR933 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh the first photo of the slide show if you click on the link was my friend's wedding at the Stanley Hotel!
    Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest!
  • Options
    chelbell326chelbell326 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We paid less than 2K and got rights to print our photos ourselves, an engagement session, several large prints, and an album.  LOVED our photographer.  Rachel Terry of Stellar Photography! 
    no identifiable siggy pictures anymore, thanks a lot stupid nest!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks all. I'd really like to use Stellar. But I'm hoping to get an album and digital copies for under 2k.  Stellar seems to be charging 2400 for this. I've tried to contact her but she hasn't responded yet.
  • Options
    wilberta2006wilberta2006 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I spent over $5k since besides the rings and the memories, the photographs are the only tangible things that you will have of the event.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We spent about $1K because that was the budget we had. We got e-pic session, wedding day for 6 hours, and rights to all pictures and all pictures on a DVD. She does photo books, too, but I'm not sure how much. She did a great job and was really easy to work with. I would recommend contacting her and discussing your budget - she might be willing to work within it (we did this with a lot of our vendors and it worked to our advantage - fyi).

We used Anna Oertli - oertliphotography.com.

Good luck!
    Melissa
    Photobucket
  • Options
    AnnofIrelandAnnofIreland member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm paying right under 2k for a full day, free engagement session, digital prints and more. We decided to go with www.devophotography.com . They are a husband and wife team that are a wonderful duo. We really like them!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Just came on here to post that my AMAZING photographer from our wedding in Montana GATHERING LIGHT PHOTOGRAPHY  is relocating to the Denver area.  She asked past brides if they were happy with her services to put the word out to Denver area brides so here I am.

Her prices start below $2000 for unlimited coverage and a DVD with the full resolution files and printing rights.  We also opted for getting an album too and that came with a free engagement session and this amazing fusion photography slideshow (photos and video clips  to music) that we played at our rehearsal dinner (even had my hubby crying!!).

Anyway, they are a two photog team and you can check out their website at:
    also look up Gathering Light Photography on facebook

Good luck with your weddings it's SO much fun!!
    -Justyne

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards