Canada

East coasters... when is lobster season?

I just want to know Smile
Baby Birthday Ticker
Baby #2: Surprise BFP 9.19.12, EDD 5.24.13, natural m/c 10.19.13 at 9w

Re: East coasters... when is lobster season?

• sunicosunico member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Depends on where you are. In Nova Scotia, there's a rotation - it's almost always lobster season somewhere. In south-western NS, for example, the season runs from the end of November to the end of May, whereas on the eastern shore, I think it's something like end of April to the end of June.

Here's a link:

http://www.gov.ns.ca/fish/marine/map/lobarea.shtml

• PaigeMcCPaigeMcC member
    edited December 2011

It's lobster season now!!!
    Actually sunico is right...it's pretty much always lobster season somewhere in NS.

Why do you ask?

"Popular on the internetz..."

Canada is kind of like a whole other world with new things to discover that us americans only dream of. - Narwhal
    Paige I would like to profess my love for you and your brilliant mind. - breezerb
    Murried Bio
  • ring_popring_pop member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm considering taking a road trip to the east coast with the hubby this summer. This idea is all new though, because originally we were thinking of a major trip abroad in the fall... but at this point I'm not so sure that will happen. So a road trip might be more feasible.
    Baby Birthday Ticker
  • mflowers929mflowers929 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Okay, I'm gonna go all proud here for a moment and say that the Maritimes is a great place to visit, especially if you can find places where there's a large amount of Acadian people. All east coasters are described as being friendly, but my family is in the tourist industry in an Acadian town here in New Brunswick, and we're constantly being told by customers how friendly they are, and how great the service is, and how they go above and beyond for their customers. =)
    December 2010 siggy challenge - Caketopper:
    cake crown Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • ring_popring_pop member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_canada_east-coasters-lobster-season?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:46Discussion:04161f95-fb35-4274-8ef1-b959af8fd35fPost:8fd323c1-1d68-4f85-9fea-eb3e8177afe3">Re: East coasters... when is lobster season?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Okay, I'm gonna go all proud here for a moment and say that the Maritimes is a great place to visit, especially if you can find places where there's a large amount of Acadian people. All east coasters are described as being friendly, but my family is in the tourist industry in an Acadian town here in New Brunswick, and we're constantly being told by customers how friendly they are, and how great the service is, and how they go above and beyond for their customers. =)
    Posted by mflowers929[/QUOTE]

It's true! I last visited about 8 years ago I was really blown away by how nice everyone was. Living in a big city like Toronto, you sometimes forget that there are still people who live their lives actually being nice.
    Baby Birthday Ticker
  • PaigeMcCPaigeMcC member
    edited December 2011
    I totally agree! East Coast people are sooo friendly! I travel all over the Atlantic Provinces on a regular basis (and I'm a little biased b/c I'm from NS) and everyone is so friendly, helpful and just NICE!  Def. come visit our side of the country, Ring Pop! We love tourists;)

"Popular on the internetz..."

Canada is kind of like a whole other world with new things to discover that us americans only dream of. - Narwhal
    Paige I would like to profess my love for you and your brilliant mind. - breezerb
    Murried Bio
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards