Texas-San Antonio
Options

bachelorette parties in san antonio or austin?

has any one had a bachlorette party in san antonio? i think it would be cool but don't know anyone who has had one there. i threw one for my maid of honor when she got married in austin and i have been to alot in austin but i want something different but still fun. the only reason what got me thinking was that my future sis in law texted me and said that she has the whole thing planned and i told her that it wasn't her job... blah blah blah but my moh said that she doesn't mind her help. anyways my future sil said she wants it in austin bc it would be fun and there is plenty to do. my only thing is i have a feeling that she is planning a bach. party to what she wants bc she never had one bc she was preg. when she got married. i just have a really big feeling that this whole party is going to be about her and what she wants to do and plan it to what she would have wanted since she didn't have one. i promise i'm not selfish and don't want it all on me but just venting. anyways, bach. parties in san antonio anyone?

Re: bachelorette parties in san antonio or austin?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    has any one had a bachlorette party in san antonio? i think it would be cool but don't know anyone who has had one there. i threw one for my maid of honor when she got married in austin and i have been to alot in austin but i want something different but still fun. the only reason what got me thinking was that my future sis in law texted me and said that she has the whole thing planned and i told her that it wasn't her job... blah blah blah but my moh said that she doesn't mind her help. anyways my future sil said she wants it in austin bc it would be fun and there is plenty to do. my only thing is i have a feeling that she is planning a bach. party to what she wants bc she never had one bc she was preg. when she got married. i just have a really big feeling that this whole party is going to be about her and what she wants to do and plan it to what she would have wanted since she didn't have one. i promise i'm not selfish and don't want it all on me but just venting. anyways, bach. parties in san antonio anyone?
  • Options
    edited December 2011

There is a lot to do in San Antonio for bachelorrette parties but there's also a lot to do in Austin.  :) I think your maid of honor would probably know you better and make sure the night is all about you and what you want.  If it were my SIL I would let her know she can get together with my MOH to plan but I'd let my MOH in on what I think she is planning up!  Lol.  She'd probably be more on your side and it's your day, don't let her decide where to have it just to better convenient her!  You should do whatever you want girly.  :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    kcb10kcb10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The Riverwalk can be really fun because you can get a hotel room right there and walk everywhere.  Coyote Ugly and Pat O'Briens are two really fun places to go on the Riverwalk, plus there are a ton of restaraunts so you can go to dinner first and then to the bars.  I have never been out to the bars in Austin but I know a lot of people love it.  Go wherever YOU want to!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I really think you can't go wrong with either choices! Mine is giong to be in Austin since it's a central location for all in my wedding party, but San Antonio was tons of fun because of the River Walk. We had a ton of fun eating dinner there and then heading out to the bars, especially Mad Dog's. Plenty of options to stay too!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Austin definitely has better bar hopping with 6th street IF that's the direction you're looking to go.  I live in San Antonio, and there are some great spots along the Riverwalk, but it's not as easy as Austin where you literally spill out from one bar to the next. 

Now, if drinking isn't your  main objective, San Antonio hands down (Of course I'm from here so I'm biased).  Because it is so toursity, the hotels along the Riverwalk are used to providing superior service to everyone--so if you're thinking Spa, Relaxation, or Shopping, we've got it all in one place, so you don't have to coordinate a ton of cars to haul people around to/from hotel & different spots. 

It really just depends what you're going for!!! Smile
  • Options
    hgsmothhgsmoth member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Please message me!  I might have a super cool venue for you at an estate in San Antonio.  Just can't put all the info on the forum....
  • Options
    hgsmothhgsmoth member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Please message me!  I might have a super cool venue for you at an estate in San Antonio.  Just can't put all the info on the forum....
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards