Military Brides

Cupcakes anyone? Sami?

I just got a new Kitchenaid mixer and I'm dying to make cupcakes!  Anyone (Sami?) have any great recipes?  :)

Re: Cupcakes anyone? Sami?

• Do you pin TB? It's perfect for stuff like this!! I've been wanting to make <these> for awhile now, but I'm lazy. Also, not cupcakes, but my S'more Cookie Bars are a hit everytime I make them.
  • Those look amazing!!  I'm worried they might be a little too advanced for me right now.  I do pin, and I've been scouring that site all morning and nothing is jumping out at me yet.  :/  Tell me more about these S'more cookie bars...
  • I have a great recipe for Peanut Butter Chocolate ones I'll be making tonight. I'll post when I get the goodies out tonight. :)
  • Kara and I made these French toast and bacon cupcakes a couple months ago: http://lifewithcake.com/2009/05/french-toast-and-bacon-cupcakes/ It sounds bizarre, but they were SO tasty! Its a French toast cupcake, maple buttercream frosting, and a piece of bacon. The sweet and salty combo is amazing.
  • Omg easy peasy on the S'mores Bars. The name should be a clicky, but its basically layered graham cracker/sugar cookie dough, chocolate and fluff. Bake. Swoon. Laughing
  • Irish's S'mores bars are awesome!! I'm way more into cookies than cupcakes (my hands are steady enough for frosting them and because I'm such a perfectionist I get pissy when things don't look good). Binx & Kara's french toast cupcakes sound amazing too! But I'm a cookie whore!  I just made some cranberry white chocolate chip ones! Unless you're hardcore craving a cupcake, I would start with cookies.  Much easier!Wink
    Photobucket
  • Based on Binx and Kara's cupcake attempt, I tried these:  CHOCOLATE BACON CUPCAKES

They were a huge hit!

I'd also suggest any type of bread.  Pizza dough? 

Anniversary

• So I made these-  http://www.krissys-creations.com/2011/06/baked-doughnuts.html

They look much better than they taste. :/  And WAY too much work!
  • Ok but tell us how fun it was to use your mixer!! I use mine mostly for pizza and pita dough, love it. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_cupcakes-anyone-sami?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:13Discussion:d88f89bf-b4d2-45aa-8038-0aa10b47f585Post:68ceb60b-e2da-4748-b076-204d201e2d72">Re: Cupcakes anyone? Sami?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ok but tell us how fun it was to use your mixer!! I use mine mostly for pizza and pita dough, love it. 
    Posted by Irishcurls[/QUOTE]

LOL It was the highlight of my day!  :)  I love it- can't believe I waited this long to get one!
  • I  may be late but here is mine...

Peanut Butter Chocolate Cupcakes
    Taste of Home

Filling:
    1 package (3ozs) cream cheese
    1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
    2 tablespoons sugar
    1 tablespoon milk

Batter:
    2 c sugar
    1 3/4 c all-purpose flour
    1/2 c baking cocoa
    1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
    1 teaspoon salt
    1/4 teaspoon baking soda
    2 eggs
    1 c water
    1 c milk
    1/2 c vegetable oil
    2 teaspoons vanilla extract

Frosting: (You can always buy ready to go stuff too and skip this)
    1/3 c butter, softened
    2 c confectioners' sugar (powder sugar)
    6 tablespoon baking cocoa
    3 to 4 tablespoons milk

I always preheat my oven first so Preheat at 350*
    1. In a small mixing bowl, beat cream cheese, peanut butter, sugar and milk until smooth; set aside. (This is the filling)

2. In a large bowl mix your dry ingredients, sugar, flour, cocoa, baking powder, salt and baking soda. In your mixer, whisk the eggs, water, milk, oil and vanilla. Slowly add dry ingredients into mixer, just until moistened (batter will be thin).

3. Fill paper-lined jumbo muffin (I use standard size to double the yield) cups half full with batter. Drop scant tablespoonfuls of peanut butter mixture into center (I use a mini ice cream scooper, also awesome for cookies!!!); cover with remaining batter.

4. Bake at 350* for 25-30 mins or until toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 10 mins remove from pans to wire racks to cool completely.

5.  In a large bowl, combine frosting ingredients until smooth. Frost cupcakes. Store left over in refrigerator.

Yields: 1 dozen jumbo cupcakes, 2 dozen regular size

Nutrition Facts: 1 jumbo cupcake = 509 calories. 22g Fat (7g sat. fat), 60 mg cholesterol, 394mg sodium, 75g carbs, 2g fiber, 7g protein.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_cupcakes-anyone-sami?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:13Discussion:d88f89bf-b4d2-45aa-8038-0aa10b47f585Post:d9e3c0ce-7613-4314-a0af-7ef25955d1fd">Re: Cupcakes anyone? Sami?</a>:
    [QUOTE]OH Shan, I am copying and pasting the recipe onto my computer! I am SO making those soon!! YUMMM thank you!
    Posted by BinxRose[/QUOTE]

Same here! Thank you!
  • You're welcome. I made them for H's birthday last year and shipped them. They arrived in a mess, but H eats anything. They were a hit w/ him, his coworkers and my coworkers.
    I should note as is they are pretty rich (less rich if you use store bought frosting) but H doesn't do super sweet and he enjoyed them (well one at a time haha).
  • Shan: I am going to make those cupcakes soon! They seem so yummy!!
  • Google this blog: Cupcake Bakeshop by Chockylit. Her recipes are amazing, I've been following her for years. She took a brief hiatus in 2007 (I think) to have her baby, but I was so glad when she came back.

I've made her caramel apple cupcakes, Samoas cupcakes, hummingbird cupcakes, and the matcha green tea cupcakes. She has great tutorials for making filled cupcakes, too.
    25 in 2012 Reading Progress: 11/25 (44% toward goal)
    my currently-reading shelf:
    Mehgan's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
    Photobucket
    "Are you one of those vegetarian zombies that only eats grrrrrraaaaaaiiiinnnnnsssss?" -- raynes
    **FOR SALE NOW**
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards