Wedding Party

Bridesmaid doesn't want to wear a dress? Behold!

http://offbeatbride.com/2010/03/half-wedding-dress-and-half-wedding-pants

Obviously this is a bride, but the idea could easily be adapated for bridesmaids as well.
This is a neglected planning bio.
This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284

Re: Bridesmaid doesn't want to wear a dress? Behold!

• Weird!  At first I didn't notice what you were talking about, but then I figured it out.  I guess I just don't understand what the big deal is with wearing a dress.  I love them!
    dont make ur password so easy. gbck2CA2 hahahaha
  • We get posts occasionally from brides who have bridesmaids that aren't comfortable in dresses, either due to their sexuality or just plain personal preference.  I thought this might be a nice addition to the arsenal of suggestions for alternatives to "Make her suck it up and wear a dress."

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • I know what you mean.  I just don't get it :)
    dont make ur password so easy. gbck2CA2 hahahaha
  • I wasn't so hot on the pic they used at the top, but some of the ones further down are really nice, where it just looks like a regular wedding dress.

• I agree, in some of those photos you can't even tell she is wearing pants!  I can't say I love the design of that outfit, but I agree that it could be great for inspiration!
    My Grandparents on their wedding day.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    bio
    Repeat this to your self: My Wedding Party is made of my family and friends and I should treat them as such.
  • Ditto on not liking the overlay. The whole point of wearing pants is to wear PANTS. By wearing the overlay, it makes it look like a dress. Maybe she was getting sass from moms and such about not wanting to wear a dress and compromised. Who knows? All I know is if I was going to wear a pant suit bridal outfit I would wear only a pant suit, no skirt thing.
    Sunbonnet or cone of shame? You be the judge! Trixie's Blog
    My Planning Bio
    My Married Bio updated March 4
  • To me, all of those just look fonky, for lack of a better word. I'd give serious side-eye to anyone i saw wearing that. If you want to wear pants, own it FFS. Don't try to hide it.

And what's the point of wearing pants if you put a skirt over it? Just buy a dress and wear pantaloons instead of a crinny.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • The concept isn't bad but I don't really get the point and I'm not a fan of the overlay.  I think it would look a little nicer if it were the same fabric as the pants.

I think something like this would be better for pants - wedding gown style top and flowy pants.  http://www.alfredangelo.com/Collections/ProductDisplay.aspx?productID=8a0eaffc-007d-45b7-bd9c-128f83500bd2&categoryID=32e5a88c-cbf1-498f-afcf-dbfca138c5d3&pg=0&colorId1=
  • Yeah, it's more the concept that I like than this particular execution.  I could just see this as a nice compromise between a bride that wants a uniform look of dresses and a bridesmaid who would feel more comfortable in pants.  And instead of having to leave and change for the reception, the BM could just whip off the overlay.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards