Pennsylvania

Jim Thorpe Memorial Hall

Anyone having their reception at Jim Thorpe Memorial Hall (or know someone who did)? It'd be nice to know how other couples decided to decorate the hall and used up the space as well as their experiences with the staff. Our wedding is October 1st, and we are going with black table clothes and seat covers and then burnt orange napkins and sashes on the chairs. Our centerpieces are going to be DYI style - me and my bridesmaids are making fall trees (completely unsure of how we are doing this yet).. We chose TurnItUP DJ Entertainment as our DJ (Reviews on them would be great too!).. I did a lot of searches online for reviews and pictures but there's not much out there.

If any of you had your wedding in Jim Thorpe what places did you use for pictures? We were definitely planning on getting pictures with the train and I thought outside of the jail would be pretty neat too. Any suggestions/input is GREATLY appreciate! <3
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Jim Thorpe Memorial Hall

• tatusko7tatusko7 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    For pictures, I recommend Mauch Chunk Lake, as well as Asa Packer/Harry Packer Mansion, and the park by the train station where the gazebo is. I'd make sure you ask the locations though before your wedding date since JT has heavy traffic during October due to fall foliage! How that helps a little bit!

As for JTMP, I haven't been there since they went under new management so I couldn't help you there. 
  • edited December 2011
    I have a completely non-wedding related Jim Thorpe question.....

I have been to Jim Thorpe and think it is lovely there (I live outside of scranton).  Recently someone told me about some of the adventure offerings there.  I own a mountain bike (as does FI), and I read that you can take a shuttle to the top of a trail, and then ride back down (2% grade) for miles.  Has anyone ever done this?  Fun?  would you pick this over kayaking (which I also like to do, but we would have to rent the kayak, also offered).

Thanks!  I know it is totally non wedding related, but since there are a few of you from that area....
  • edited December 2011
    I went to high school in Jim Thorpe, and we alllll worked at Pocono Whitewater/Skirmish. I've done the bike trail with them a few times and it's definitely a fun ride. Rafting and paintball are always awesome too. Skirmish has some of the coolest paintball fields I've ever seen.
  • Hi!

Congrats!!!

I am thinking about having my wedding at the JTMH too...next year....

I wanted to know how the experience was at the hall??? Anything you would different?

Any help would be loved!!

Lisa
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards