Georgia-Atlanta

Hair and Make up that isn't a fortune?

What should I be expecting to pay to have my hair and make up down and 2 bridesmaids. We can go to a salon or they can come to us, whichever is cheaper.
I'm getting married in Decatur in October. Any ideas?

Is it reasonable to pay $600? My DJ was less!

Any help is appreciated!!

Re: Hair and Make up that isn't a fortune?

• We are paying $80 each for my hair and makeup, and we are having a total of 5 ladies paying for services. She charges $10 extra per person to come to us for gas costs and having to lug all her stuff to my grandma's hotel room. So yeah, $600 for 3 ladies seems a lot...because totally for us it will about $450 and that's for 2 more people than you're having. Another thing though- I'm getting married in Elberton, a small town east of Athens, so that could be part of it too. Metro areas are generally more. 

What you can do to save money is not pay for your BMs hair/makeup. Let them choose whether or not to have it professionally done, and then the cost would be on them. It sounds like you are offering to pay which is very nice but not required, unless you insist they have professionally styling. They can just do their own hair/makeup. 2 of my BMs are doing their own, but since we're getting ready at the motel, these two gals can come hang with us and get ready in the same room if they want, that way we all get the bonding experience so many brides/BMs want. 
    April Siggy Challenge-Wedding Escape: Reading HG/dreaming about Peeta.... Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker Bio-Updated 4/22**
  • I'm using Trio hair & make up. I think it's very reasonable, and the ladies are super nice!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Yes - $600 for hair and makeup is too much. You should be able to get away with $100 - $120 plus a $20 Tip

$360 - $400 for the three of you.

Offer that, and if it's not agreed upon - find another place.

People will overcharge you all over the place if you let them.  Everything is negotiable.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards