Ohio-Cincinnati

Trash The Dress

My videographer mentioned this a few weeks ago.  I have done research on google and seen videos and I love them.  Has anyone done this?  He said the dress usually can be cleaned, but if I wanted to really ruin it, it would be no big deal as its not super expensive or anything.  Has anyone heard of it or done it before?

Thanks
Kel
Just counting down the days :)

Re: Trash The Dress

• edited December 2011
    I've heard of it but am not doing it. Not even sure what I would do with the pictures??
  • cincychick35cincychick35 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't think I could do that at all.  Even though my dress isn't a $10,000 dress by any means, I couldn't purposefully trash it....it just doesn't seem right.  IMHO.
  • Kel7284Kel7284 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yea, I figured since I don't plan on getting re married theres no real reason to keep it locked up in a bag in the closet until im 90. lol.  A lot of girls though don't want to do it, just something that I hadn't heard of :)
    Just counting down the days :)
  • edited December 2011
    My photographer says she absolutely loves doing "trash the dress sessions". You can really show your personalities and get some amazing pictures. I haven't decided if I want to do it, but she emphasized that you can easily keep your dress in good condition. Here's a link to her pictures. They are really pretty!

http://www.zejuphoto.com/?cat=3

I think if it's something your interested in, you should totally do it! It's really unique and looks like fun!
  • cincychick35cincychick35 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I checked out the link...OK those are some pretty cool pix!  I really like the ones with the couple in the creek.  It does look like fun!  But, I still don't think I could do it...I am too practical I suppose.
  • suze68suze68 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    No Trash the Dress for me... I am going to donate mine after the wedding. Lots of great places/agencies to donate to. I am leaning toward 2 separate ones that donate dresses to cancer survivors.

~Suze
    image Sept 2011 Favorite Registry Item
  • edited December 2011
    I think you have booked the same photogs we have. Studio 3. They are doing my Trash the Dress pictures after the wedding. They explained it to be more of an un-inhibited session where you can do things you may not have done on your wedding day in fear of the dress getting dirty.

I guess some brides really want to trash it with paint and such and go all crazy but we have scheduled to go up to the LM&M rail road and do some on the train pictures, tracks pictures and then back to cincinnati for city stuff. They told me my FI can be in jeans and sports jacket and tie or go all out again in a tux. Im kind of excited to get to rock my cowgirl boots since my mom had all about FORBID me to do so on MY wedding day. Since she is paying for darn near all of it so I am respecting her do's and don'ts list!

After that I am going to get it cleaned and then I plan on having a christening dress made out of it once we have children. I know that means cutting it up, but honestly I would never make my child wear it since dresses change and there will be enough of it if they want to use some elements of it. HECK I may have all boys! Ha! Also, when am I going to wear it again?!!!?!?!!?
    Laurissa
  • clearheavensclearheavens member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    TTD sessions can be any way you want.  You don't necessarily have to trash it, you can be as clean and elegant as you want it to be.

I think equally popular are bridal sessions.  It buys some time on your Big Day so you don't have to take as many photos.  Or you can have twice as many.  I just admire it because I love pictures of brides.  It's also convenient because you can schedule a bridal session the same day as your hair and make-up trials so all that beautiful make-up and hair won't go to waste.

The only difference between TTD and bridal sessions is that TTD is post-wedding and the latter is pre-wedding.
    Follow Me on Pinterest

BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards