North Carolina-Outer Banks

Hilton Garden Inn

Does anyone know someone who had their reception there? Wondering about the pier there--how many people can fit with a dancefloor? And the walk to the pier--what if it's rainy? Thanks for any feedback!

Re: Hilton Garden Inn

• edited December 2011

Hey! We looked at the pier as our first choice for a venue. We were told so many different numbers of guests who can fit: 75, 100, 125. I talked to the event planner there and she said max it could hold 125, but that'd be pushing it. Not sure when you're planning on having your wedding, but I believe the pier is booked every Saturday in May-Aug 2012, and most Fridays. Hope this helps!!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I am actually having my reception at the Pier House and I was told 120 would fit....I really hope that it does too b/c thats about how many people we are having.  
    Somewhat freaking out right now!!!!
    Hopefully we will get some more feedback from other past brides.

Another thing to note, they may be able to rearrange the tables a bit to create a bigger dance floor once everyone is done eating.  I was also told my Miha (she is the coordinator there) that b/c we are doing a sit down dinner (vs. a buffet) that will free up some space as well.

FYI - I am having my ceremony at the Corolla Chapel instead of the Pier House.  I didn't want to risk it with possible rain/bad weather.  Also, I was set on having pictures taken at the Whalehead Club.
  • edited December 2011
    Oh, thank you, ladies! I love the look on their web site.

A few more questions, if you don't mind: Can you bring your own linens, etc, if you don't like plain white? Can you bring in your own caterer?

Thanks again. Does anyone have photos?
  • edited December 2011
    I believe that you can bring your own linens - we are using theirs to save on expense.
    You do, however, have to do the food and alchohol through them. 
    You can get the cake from another vendor.

I don't have any photos yet (our wedding is in Sept), but if you look at some of the OBX photographers websites, you are sure to find some weddings at the Pier House - its a very popular place!
  • meerapatel25meerapatel25 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting married on June 3rd and having the reception at the Pier House!  I'll post some photos after we get!!
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Haha...get back*
  • edited December 2011

That is just right around the corner - how exciting!
    That would be great if you could post some pictures and give some insight on your experiences.
    How many people are you expecting?

First Comment
    edited December 2011

I know!!  I am so stressed but it will all be worth it!!  We are having 60 people.  I will definitely give you feedback on all the vendors and especially the Pier House.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards