March 2012 Weddings

Checks and DIY (PIP)

Today was full of checks for me too! :) Of course I was completely just doing work-related stuff at work today...if my boss asks.. 

- I finally selected the flowers and sent them to the florist. 
- I finally finished the ceremony selection and edited it to our tastes - then sent to FI who replied - "Where's the part about obeying me?" ha. right. and for the record, he was totally kidding. ;)

and on to the DIY - finished the girls tote's. I did black totes with silver sparkly paint. These are for the "Bridesmaid's Survival Kit." Here's some pics - 

And since FI didn't tell me that the drill would have to charge overnight, I was not able to complete my hangers today, but here's a pic of the completed names to get an idea. I'll be completing them tomorrow.  

and just because he's so cute like this (and not often calm), here's a pic of our 7 month old bloodhound who's 70+lbs and did his best to get in Momma's way while she was doing her DIY projects tonight...

Photobucket Follow Me on Pinterest Anniversary

Re: Checks and DIY (PIP)

• Love them!!! What all are you putting in the BM totes? 
    March 2012 Knotties Siggy Challenge - Favorite Engagement Picture Follow Me on Pinterest Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • omg I love the totes! Wanna make me some? haha!
    Photobucket

Anniversary
    213image enjoyed some southern charm
    163imagedrank out of mason jars
    50image stayed up the north
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_march-2012-weddings_checks-diy-pip?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:955e4823-0be1-44ef-9ee7-99a63794e103Discussion:9f704342-03cd-4bce-a7ec-487a2fde9aa0Post:b2b56e80-b45e-4425-be24-7671014b8881">Re: Checks and DIY (PIP)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Love them!!! What all are you putting in the BM totes? 
    Posted by elidellio[/QUOTE]

<div>I bought black leather Coach wristlets, the hangers, and then the "survival kit" will be various toiletry type stuff and other small things for the wedding day - advil, nail file, tissues, safety pins/sewing kit, bandaids, hair ties, hair spray, hand sanitizer, mints, little deodorant...and probably a bottle of water and some m&m's or granola bar in case they need a pick-me up through out the day. I'm sure I'll think of some other things to put in there too! lol. :)</div>
  • aenordan - haha, would love to, but no! LOL! I made one for myself after I finished the girls after much debating because I was just done painting. lol. It's not hard, but a little tedious messing with the doilies and paint. And trying not to get it everywhere. But they did end up cute so I'm glad I did them. The best part was the price - Bags came in pack of 3 from Joann's (bought 2 sets) - $9 with coupons I found online. Paint - $2, Baking doilies - $2.50 (also from Joann's - although walmart probably carries them), Brush $1, spray adhesive (about $5) - and that's it. Maybe $20 to make 5 totes and I have 1 left that I can make if I need to... 
  • That is such a great idea! I may have to steal it :)
    March 2012 Knotties Siggy Challenge - Favorite Engagement Picture Follow Me on Pinterest Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_march-2012-weddings_checks-diy-pip?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:955e4823-0be1-44ef-9ee7-99a63794e103Discussion:9f704342-03cd-4bce-a7ec-487a2fde9aa0Post:0cf8edd2-5127-4d8a-9a2e-540d6eaa0310">Re: Checks and DIY (PIP)</a>:
    [QUOTE]That is such a great idea! I may have to steal it :)
    Posted by elidellio[/QUOTE]

<div>Go for it! :)</div>
  • love the bags! i stared my girls hangers and i knwo what a pain they are to do-way to go for getting a v to look good!  i am struggling with the letter C...will finish them this week though i  hope. and i love bloodhounds-such a good loyal dog (i used to work in a vets office so i have seen the gamut of dogs)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Everything turned out great!!  Love the bags!  Might have to try that since yours turned out so well!  Also you have super cute puppy!!  I have 2 of my own (boxes/mastiff & boxer/lab) that make sure I don't work on a lot of wedding stuff until we've played ball for @ least an hour :)  I am a total sucker for dogs & yours is just adorable!  Congrats on getting everything almost done!
    image March 2012 Bride Siggy Challenge
  • Thank you ladies! The bags did turn out pretty good! I hope the girls like them.  

And Boscoe is a very hyperactive puppy that gets in trouble - a lot! lol. So that was one random moment that he was calm. haha. 
  • Would any of you crafty ladies want to make hangars for me? I can't bring myself to spend $15 a hanger on etsy, but would pay maybe $7? I need 4. Any takers? I have enough DIY projects to keep me busy for the next two months :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• Cute bags and the hangars came out great! Yay for DIY checks!!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

121image Invited to Fabulous Las Vegas!
    53 image Are all in!
    68 image Are celebrating from afar
    0 image Haven't decided yet

RSVP Date 2/1
  • So I started putting the wire into the hangers today and they are a PAIN!! lol. Hopefully they end up being cute, but man. I'm done with the hangers. Apparently our drill is better for metal than wood? (go figure) I'm waiting for the glue to dry and I'll post finished pics when they set. :) 
  • Love the bag girl.. I really like them.. I may do something like this.. Thanks for the idea!
    image March 2012 Knotties Siggy Challenge - Favorite Engagement Picture Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Awesome job! I am working on names for hangers too. Thank god I only have 2 girls. I just did "bride" and I am not that happy with it, and my fingers hurt. lol.....

137image Invited to see us "Lucky in Love", at our wedding 3/9/12
    90 image Are ready to party
    47 image Are missing out
    0 image Haven't decided yet

RSVP Date 2/15 image
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_march-2012-weddings_checks-diy-pip?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:955e4823-0be1-44ef-9ee7-99a63794e103Discussion:9f704342-03cd-4bce-a7ec-487a2fde9aa0Post:f085212f-9b64-4f34-996b-7f61fa837404">Re: Checks and DIY (PIP)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Awesome job! I am working on names for hangers too. Thank god I only have 2 girls. I just did "bride" and I am not that happy with it, and my fingers hurt. lol.....
    Posted by a+b=u&me[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Lol! My fingers hurt when I was done...and I did "Mrs. P*****t" for mine instead of bride. I'm gonna have to reglue it though cause it's heavier than the others and didn't stay. boo. 

</div>
  • I will totally look into that! :) Thanks!
    Photobucket

Anniversary
    213image enjoyed some southern charm
    163imagedrank out of mason jars
    50image stayed up the north
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards