Arizona-Phoenix
Options

Need place for ferris wheel - HELP!

So, I'm having a carnival themed wedding with a ferris wheel and carni games and the like.  I have NO idea where to erect a ferris wheel in the Phoenix area.  Does anyone have any suggestions?!?!?!?!?!?

Re: Need place for ferris wheel - HELP!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    It is going to be up to the individual venue, you will probably just need to call places you like.  Even if a place has enough room they may not want you to have a ferris wheel.  The one place that comes to mind is Sun Devil Stadium.  I have heard of people renting out the field for events, they have plenty of space and I have seen many big things (like the size of a ferris wheel) there.
  • Options
    NillaWafer10NillaWafer10 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Just to forewarn you, the site will probably make you take out your own insurance for the wedding.

Now onto the fun part!  I would see if you can just rent out a really large parking lot. (like the state fair's)  You could just rent a carnival tent for all of the tables and chairs, and then have all of the carnival games around the tent.  You probably wouldn't have access to running water or electricity, so you would need a caterer who brings everything already assembled.  Oh! And you would need to rent some port-a-potties :)

You could also look around at some of the parks.  They rent them out for dirt cheap!
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Find a church... Personally I am not religious and didn't want to get married in a church and I don't know if you are. But many churches have yearly carnivals and have rides and whatnot in their parking lots. I would call around and see if you can use their church for the ceremony and the parking lot for the carnival reception. A chruch by my house, St. Joan of Arc catholic church used to have a yearly event (although then you'd have to be Catholic). Just an idea. Good luck!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards