North Carolina-Outer Banks
Options

Intro

Hello everyone! My name is Emily. I've posted on a few things but haven't introduced myself yet! Our wedding date is September 29th, 2012 and we are getting married at Mallards Marsh in Manteo. We chose them bc they other package wedding deals that are VERY helpful for us since we live 4+ hrs away and both of our familys are 8+ hrs away. I still could use some help on good hotels (with good rates) to block off for family and also a salon that does hair and make-up. Any other advice anyone has about anything in the OBX is greating appreciated Laughing

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Intro

• Options
    Hi Emily!
    Congrats on your engagement! Sounds like you chose a wonderful date, the weather is beautiful in late September in OBX. Manteo is such a gorgeous place, I think you will be VERY happy with your choice. Unfortunately, our wedding was in Kill Devil Hills, so I don't know a whole lot of hotels in Manteo, but I know other brides on this board do and they will chime in with suggestions.

For makeup, I used Amber from Bombshells (http://www.bombshellsstudio.com/) and was very happy with her work. Her studio is in Kitty Hawk but she will travel to you for a fee.

Hope that helps a little. Again, congrats and welcome!
    Trying to Conceive Ticker
  • Options
    Hi Emily and welcome!

I love your wedding date....the day before my b-day, he he he :)

We had a ceremony on the beach with reception at 108 Budleigh.  I used "It's Royalty Salon" which is directly across the street from Budleigh and Linda & Charlene did a fabulous job!  I will admit that it would take 2-3 days before I heard back from Linda, but once I had her cell phone, it was pretty easy to text back n forth with her. 

We chose to book rooms at locally owned hotels b/c it was very important to me to support the local OBX economy and not the big chains.  We booked rooms at The Nags Head Inn which was rennovated in 2009 and they have tons of local artwork hanging thoughout the hotel and the rooms have bright colors which gives it a beach and airy feel.  We also rented Shutters on the Banks and our guests were very happy with their stay there as well.  Other than the big chain hotels, these were 2 of the nicer locally owned ones that we found as some have not been rennovated or maintained that well over the years.

Hope this helps and let us know if there is anything else you need :)

• Options
    Welcome, Emily! I went to the OBX wedding expo and found HotHeads salon which does both hair and make-up and they will travel to your site the day of. Obviously, I don't have any reviews yet about the day of, but I'm 99% sure that's who I'm going with. They did a quick hair and make-up trial at the Expo, just for fun and they're employees have great personalities. They also charge the same amount for updos, whether for the bride or for the bridesmaids, which I personally liked because I think it's ridiculous to charge the bride more for what could very well be the same hairstyle a bridesmaid asks for!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards