Ohio-Cleveland

Reception Venues

Hi everyone,

Me and my fiance just got engaged and are planning a wedding. The ceremony will be in Aurora, Ohio and I am looking for a reception sight somewhere between there and Mentor. We just graduated college so we are on a pretty limited budget but Im looking for a Nice place that is somewhat cheap and whenever i try to search ( which i could be searching the wrong thigs) the price of the place is either really expensive or the reception hall looks a little sketchy. If someone has any ideas that would be great! We should be having around 100-150 guests

THANKS

Re: Reception Venues

• edited December 2011
    What month are you planning for ? Indoor or outdoor ? The Cleveland Metroparks have extremely low reservation rates if you are interested in outdoor. I believe there are 29 reservable areas in the Metroparks, and the most expensive is $300 to rent. I have been on the reception site hunt quite a bit lately so give me some more details and I will let you know what I know of :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Bluechina222Bluechina222 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The Wedding is on September 15, 2012. I was hoping for an indoor reception just because weather around that time usually isnt the most predictable so the Metroparks are probably out unfortunetly though It would be a great idea!
  • July2012brideJuly2012bride member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    They actually have some indoor locations in the Cuyahoga Valley National park.  One I know of is Happy Days Lodge.

I'd also check out Patterson's fruit farm

If you know someone that is a case western alum, they could sponsor you for Squire at Valleevue farm

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    I just want to give you a heads up, my original date was September 1st, 2012 and I just recently moved my date to June 2013 because so many things were already booked. Don't stress but just be ready for things to already be booked. I thought I was ok on time to book things and I guess I was wrong lol. Are you looking for like a reception hall or a more unique location? 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh man thanks for the heads up. Im nervous about finding a place now but hopefully things will turn out fine. My fiance is in the military so we are on a limited time schedule. But Really I hadent thought about reception venues and what I wanted in them. Originally I was just thinking mnre of a reception hall only because thats what came up when I searched for different venues but really im pretty open to anything. Really only thing we really want is an open bar haha.
  • edited December 2011
    My fiance is military too! (Marines) And I agree with the open bar :) Are you familiar with the parma area? There is a hall in Parma called Holy Spirit Party Center. It will show up when you google "holy spirit parma oh." Its indoor, holds 250 people, is air conditioned, and they have their own caterer. I know for a fact they work very well with a limited time frame. You might want to take a look at them. Let me know if that place is something you would be interested in, and I can take a look for either more places like that, or the complete opposite :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • JKohioJKohio member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Friends of mine had their reception on campus at Hiram College in, I think, the Kennedy room? Their ceremony was outdoors in some gardens on campus. The indoor reception was very nice and I recall the food being good. I know they were on a tight budget, but they were able to pull it off. They served only beer and wine and there was no actual bartender. They hired a guitarist (friend connection, I think) to play for cocktail hour. For the dance portion of the night, they ran music thru their laptop. I don't know capacity of the room offhand, but 100 might be a good guess. It would be worth looking into for you.

You might also consider Mooreland Mansion. It's great for small weddings. The only 'different' part is that their setup splits guests in 2 adjoining rooms. It's a very cool house though, and has a lovely covered patio overlooking gardens. I attended a wedding there and the dance floor was actually set up on the patio. I didn't mind the 2-room setup for dining, but I know some brides would have issue with it. It would hold 100 perfectly.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    These are all great places but i was actually hoping to find someplace closer to maybe Mayfield, Willoughby, Eastlake, Mentor area, or somewhere close to that just to accomodate a lot of my family so they wont be driving to far away from mentor. The holy City party center looks like a place close to what I want tho. Thanks so much!
  • July2012brideJuly2012bride member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Mooreland is only in Kirtland, which isn't TOO far.

What about renting space at Classic Park?  I don't know if they have an indoor banquet facility, from their website it looks like they might and the rental cost is pretty low:
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • derrilynderrilyn member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Check out Casa di Borally's/Villa di Borally's in Willoughby (borally's.com).  My sister got married at Casa, personally I think Villa is nicer.  The food is Italian, served family-style, and delicious.  They let you bring your own alcohol, their food prices are reasonable, and they include a cake in the package (really good too).  We're not having ours their partly because I want something different and partly because our ceremony will be in Hudson. 
    Another place to check out is La Vera Party Center in Willoughby Hills (la-vera.com), I've heard good things about them but never been there.  I think it's pretty reasonable, the reviews online all say good food, and it's BYOB and the cake is included there too.
    There's also La Malfa in Mentor (lamalfa.com), I've heard good things about them too.  And there's a Hilton Garden Inn in Mayfield Village which is really nice but a little more pricey (I think it's around $50-60 pp).
    HTH!
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Thank so much so far it has been very helpful. Moorland looks amazing but I think it is a little out of out price range but I contacted La Vera, La Malfa and and the Hilton so hopefully I will hear back from them soon reguarding prices. Thanks so much! Laughing

• edited December 2011
    pine ridge country club
    manikiki
    sammys in legacy
    holden arboretum
    quail hollow resort
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards