Gay Weddings

Gay Wedding in NC

My fiance and I are getting married on the 5th November 2011. We are having a  hard time looking for somewhere small (wedding size 80) to hold out ceremony and reception....... Any ideas pease.  Trying to find a place that we can do it all under one roof.  Ceremony, reception, food and dancing. Help-!!!!!!!!! Thank you K.

Re: Gay Wedding in NC

• 2dBride2dBride member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    This is an international board, so most of us are not familiar with North Carolina venues.  What I would suggest is asking this question on your local board.  Then once you have some recommendations, call up the places and ask about their willingness to work with a same-sex couple.  If they are hostile, you obviously don't have to use them.  However, many wedding vendors who would be open to working with a same-sex couple are not known for that, because they haven't yet been asked.
  • edited December 2011
    My partner and I are getting married in October of this year and live in NC. We are very lucky to belong to a church that is very open to our ceremony and we are having both the ceremony and reception there. If you'd like, you can send me a private message (can you do that here? I'm totally new!) and let me know where you live. If you are in the Triad, I may have a few suggestions. :)

Diana
    "You ask me what I came here to do. I will tell you. I came to live out loud." ~Emile Zola Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • cdeudycdeudy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    did you have any luck..if so i would like to know where u found.  Cuz we are currently looking for a location and we are having a lot of difficulty
  • OBX2011OBX2011 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    Try the obxweddingassociation.org for a complete list of vendors, caterers, photographers, etc.

Aslo, there is the FIRST ever Gay Pride Fest in OBX the last weekend of June!!  Check it out....I think I am going to go just to support!

I am not gay however, I have 3 cousins and very close friends that are and I think this is awesome!!!

• edited December 2011

I would check out sites like theknot, weddingwire.com, soyourengayged.com which are all great resources for vendors. My wife and I choose a facility at a gayfriendly park in Atlanta, GA.  I just told them that my partner and I were planning our wedding and that we were shopping around for great venues and would they be interested?  If I got any hesitation from a vendor I moved on to the next one. 

Congratulatons and I wish you well on your journey of love.

Cheers,
    Carol McKnight
    www.euphoriaaffairs.com

• nicknuttncnicknuttnc member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am having a gay wedding also and have found some places that are really nice in my budget and for a small wedding. If you want I can send you the information that I have found..I am in the wilmington area...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • A few years back I went to my besties wedding. She had her wedding and reception there, it was beautiful and green. The place was called rainbow lake in brevard nc. She said they were  gayfriendly and easy to work with.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards