June 2012 Weddings
Options

Help! Bra issues for wedding dress

I didn't think finding a bra for my wedding dress would be this hard!  The dress has a low back (pic below on a model) and I am looking for a low back strapless bra.  I have looked everywhere for one- Bloomingdales, Macys, Intimacy, Madenform online, Victoria's Secret and no one has one with a low back.  I ended up getting the stick on bra thing at Macy's, but I have a D cup and am nervous it won't hold for the day- especially in the summer heat.  Any suggestions?
Here's the back of the dress....

Re: Help! Bra issues for wedding dress

• Options
    Have you thought of an adhesive bra? Those puppies sick on forever! And, it will at least be some coverage.

First Look
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    What if you get the person who is doing your alterations to add cups to the dress. I've seen and heard alot of people ditch the bra and just add cups to the dress esp. for dresses with low backs.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_help-bra-issues-for-wedding-dress?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:f5ea6a27-2015-4d5f-a891-375a8a84765fPost:1bc5dbcc-e3bd-423f-8b54-f7a3ce922a2a">Re: Help! Bra issues for wedding dress</a>:
    [QUOTE]What if you get the person who is doing your alterations to add cups to the dress. I've seen and heard alot of people ditch the bra and just add cups to the dress esp. for dresses with low backs.
    Posted by futuremrsbecerra[/QUOTE]

This was going to be my suggestion. Good luck!
  • Options
    I would suggest adding cups if possible and getting an adhesive bra.  I'm suggesting both since you are on the larger side.  I've done both for stuff like prom and they worked well together.  Just get some extra adhesive in case it's really humid and you sweat a lot.
  • Options
    I also would suggest adding cups. That's what my seamstress recommended and thus I'm doing it. IMy neckline and back are a little different. I didn't want to worry about a bra showing through and it really helped with the fit of the dress.
    Cappadocia, Turkey
    June 2012 March Siggy Challenge: Honeymoon location
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    image 215 Invited so far!
    image 160 Are ready to party!
    image 30 Will be missing out!
    image 25 Are MIA!
  • Options
    I had cups sewn in. It's nice to not have to worry about it and it was less than I pay for my bras anyway
  • Options
    I am going to agree with PP's on the cups sewn in.  I hear they work great.  I have also used those adhesive bras for a dress I have and they work great for me (I'm a C cup).  They hold all night and peel right off to be used again another day.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image 203 Invited so far!
    image 142 Are ready to party!
    image 61 Will be missing out!
    image 0 Are MIA!
  • Options
    Do those adhesive bras offer support?  I'm having trouble finding a bra too and my alterations lady did suggest cups but she said they aren't exactly supportive, and I do need support there.  It's a sweetheart neckline so if I don't have support it will be obvious, since everyone's aware that I'm on the larger side, they'll know if I'm sagging!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic June 2012 Siggy: Favorite Engagement Picture! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_help-bra-issues-for-wedding-dress?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:f5ea6a27-2015-4d5f-a891-375a8a84765fPost:991536be-11a2-4c17-aa59-26c95a19af99">Re: Help! Bra issues for wedding dress</a>:
    [QUOTE]Do those adhesive bras offer support?  
    Posted by michellep1[/QUOTE]

<div>I have one for VS and it did offer me support.  The only thing though with it was that it was really humid that day and with the humidity and me dancing around some of the stickiness wore off so I had to change them in the bathroom about half way through the night.  </div>
  • Options
    Can you get cups sewn into your dress? That's what I'm doing.
  • Options
    Ditto everyone else ...deff try to add cups. GL :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    I personally would stay away from adhesive support- I had a bad exerience with them.

I would get cups sewn in, if possible.
    Married 6/23/2012 Photobucket
  • Options
    I will upload of pic of me with my stick-em-on cups on later. It definitely supported, pushed up and together. It was crazy. I never knew my boobs could touch. LMAO.

First Look
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    I've use the stick on bra and have loved it!  That being said, I"m really small busted (although since you can stick them anywhere, the girls looked great!)  However, I have no desire to worry about anything on my wedding day, so I'm having  cups placed in the dress.  My seamstress made them quite generous though...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards