Flowers

Flowers, me and BM's not matching okay??

Hi Ladies,

I am trying to plan my flowers for my July wedding...  The wedding colors are purple, orange, and brown/white accents.

General Scheme:  Ladies are wearing purple dresses, men are in brown tuxes w/ brown paisley tie, w/ an orange gerbera daisy bout.  I'm in all white w/ birdcage veil and purple flower in hair.  The groom has a purple paisley tie rather than brown, to match me. I want to carry the bouquet below.

I was thinking to have the girls hold white/orange bouquets, w/out any purple.  (Was thinking too much purple w/ dresses already, etc) 

QUESTIONS:   
1) Is it okay if the ladies bouquets don't match mine really at all?  Or should I put some purple in their bouquet?  Or some white or orange in mine??

2)  What color bout should the groom have?  Same flowers/color (purple, lisianthus) as min bouquet?  Or would that be too much purple, with his purple tie??

I FELL IN LOVE with this bouquet, before I was even engaged :)

Bridesmaids:  (colors, not style exactly)

Groomsmen:  (but with brown/tan paisley tie)

Thanks!!  :)

Re: Flowers, me and BM's not matching okay??

• edited December 2011
    i think it's fine to not be all matchy matchy. the colors all go together, and it makes sense to not have purple in the flowers for the girls since they will be wearing purple dresses. also, it's great that your flowers are going to be different, cause after all you are the special one!!!
    White Knot Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    It's fine for the BMs not to match your flowers.  My bouquet didn't match my BMs at all, and I loved them.

• edited December 2011
    A few subtle suggestions.... love the purple for you...just the way it is... but for your groom have a unity look with you so have him wear the lisianthus as well...All the purple is pretty actually.

for the bridesmaids i love the orange, but you could tie things together with a light fringe or inclusion of purple caspia ( sea lavender)

It's a great filler flower and will just mingle the edges a bit to create a more a coordinated look..

I also want to respectfully suggest reconsidering the gerber daisy bout... Cute photo but in a line up they could very well look clownish... just go with the matching roses from the bridesmaids and a tiny touch of caspia. 

I do love the colors ... 
  • edited December 2011
    Perfectly fine!  My bouquet was fire and ice roses, my BMs had wintergreens, berries, poinsettias, and cream roses, and my MOH had wintergreens, berries, poinsettias, and fire and ice roses.  My groomsmen had poinsettias and my groom had a fire and ice rose for their bouts. 
  • edited December 2011
    I really like the idea of the bride carrying a completely different color bouquet than her BM's; it is just another way to make to bride stand out! I will be carrying a dark purple bouquet and the BM's/MOH will have cream roses :) Your ideas sound lovely!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards