California-Northern

Murrieta's Well in Livermore

Has anyone dealt with Murrieta's Well before? I am so in love with this venue and I keep reading on other wedding sites that they book up fast so I'm TRYING to schedule a tour and see what dates they have available in April/May 2012 but no one will call Me back or respond to e-mails!

I'm really considering just stopping by their tasting room, but I don't want to waste My time. 

Any and all help would be awesome!

imageWedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Murrieta's Well in Livermore

• edited December 2011
    That venue looks beautiful online! I was definitely thinking about it for my wedding, but I think they do beer/wine only and I'd have a small riot on my hands if my people couldn't have hard liquor. Looks beautiful in pics, though I never saw it in person. Good luck!

**Edit - They do serve cocktails! I just checked my old emails from them. 
  • edited December 2011
    I have the initial email response they sent me with their menus, etc from Georgie Unwin. I bet you already have that info, but if you need me to fwd it to you I'm happy to :)
    Good luck!!
  • edited December 2011
    Yes I finally heard back from them this evening. Frustrating because the first Saturday they have available next spring/summer is in July. 15 months in advance!

I was freaking out about them not responding this morning and my FI kept saying, "We're looking at dates 12 months from now, it will be fine." Little did he know!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I started out this planning process with 16 months and let people tell me that I was starting too soon. But vendors and locations are booking up out from under me! I now have a little over 13 months and I'm not going to listen to anyone try to dissuade me from booking the vendors that I want :) Good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    We started far out too. I talked to Murietta's Well but did not book with them. They seemed pretty nice. 

I am always a little leery of vendors that you have to chase. 
  • alyssag721alyssag721 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We just toured MW this past week. We have been in contact with a lady named Tricia and she is great, so ask for her if you want. Here are the pros and cons we found:

Pros:
    - Beautiful! It is rustic and intimate and isolated up in hills surrounded by gorgeous grape vines
    - Cost... hard to beat
    - Day of wedding coordinator is free
    - The people we have dealt with so far have been really great
    - Supposedly the food is delicious
    - They make a cake for you that is included in the price of the meal
    - The wine we tasted was pretty good

Cons:
    - You cannot use the second floor. That means no photos on the beautiful balcony and you are being shuffled in and out of one small area for your whole wedding
    - They do not let you taste the food before your wedding. You can go to the Wente restaurant to try "similar food" but out of your own wallet.
    - There is no handicap access to bathrooms. If you have anyone who cannot climb a flight of stairs you are kind of screwed.
    - The ceremony area faces the dirt parking lot
    - It is small! If you filled it to capacity at 110 people it would feel crowded
    - There are no dressing rooms for the bride or groom

Hope that helps! Let me know if you want pictures too :)
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • NeotomaNeotoma member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi, just wanted to add my two cents.  FI and I went to a wedding at Murrieta's Well April 30.  It was truly beautiful.  I was kind of jealous because that was where I wanted our wedding.  The reception was held in the barrel and like a pp said, it is small, but I think perfect for an intimate party.  The food, wine, and cake were tasty good.  My only complaint was that the servers during cocktail hour kept going to the same groups of people nearest where they were bringing food out.  It seemed like they hardly ever made their rounds to the back where we were hanging out before running out of appetizers.  But they were darn yummy whenever we managed to grab some!

• edited December 2011

My wedding is booked at Murrieta's Well for May 26th, 2012. I am working with Georgie Unwin, she is awesome!

I fell in love with this venue because it is so rustic and quiant and beautiful!
    I am very excited about my wedding. So far, they have been amazing with getting back to us through emails and phone calls. I cannot think of one negative thing about them.

Georgie has been incredibly helpful, and everytime I contact her she is extremely nice and helpful with any question I may have.

The venue itself is beautiful, therefore little decorating is needed.
    You are getting an AMAZING price for what you get. It is catered by Wente (a 5 star resturaunt known for outstanding food).

I literally have nothing negative to say about this venue.

hope I helped =]

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards