Just Engaged and Proposals

OMG Where to begin?

I am just recently engaged and we are planning on a Summer 2012 wedding but we are both completely clueless on where to begin and I already feel like we are getting a late start.

Help!!

Re: OMG Where to begin?

• You have plenty of time to plan your wedding. Just enjoy being engaged and start thinking about the guest list, and the budget first. Then think about what kind of wedding you would like. 
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Check this site, I literally just stumbled on it, it has free templates for everything involving your wedding.  I have 5 months to go, and wanted to make sure I had ALL of my bases covered.

This is awesome

http://www.russellandhazel.com/content/wedding-templates
    The Luckiest Bride to be Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I agree. make sure you spend a little time to enjoy the fact that you're engaged!  My FI and I still stop and look at each other sometimes and say "....we're engaged. we're getting married!" just to help it all sink in! =)

You're not getting a late start - though you WILL soon be thinking 'wedding'  24/7.  My FI and I took the first few weeks to just talk about our expectations for our wedding --- how formal of an event we wanted, what we've dreamt of, how many guests, etc, etc.  We looked through pictures of receptions to get an overall feel of what we liked.  We also chose our colors.

We then made a list of everything we thought we'd need (with the help of google), and we figured that the photographer and venue were top priority....so thats where we started. 

Everybody is a little bit different --- so I suggest talking with your FI about how you want that day to be, and finding out what's most important to you.  Get a good idea of the budget and number of guests, and then its all about visiting with vendors and asking good questions to get an idea of what service they provide and if its what YOU want.

Also check out the bridal shows in your area. "bridal show season" in my area seems to be from Aug - Feb, and it was a good chance for me to see what vendors are out there, and try to win some prizes!
  • definitely take the time to soak in and enjoy the engagement before you start planning. however, you may want to start researching the bigger things such as venues and photographers. my best friend is getting married 6/12 and a lot of places were booked up already!
    5/27/12
  • I'm also getting married in Summer 2012, and every venue I've contacted so far has been available on the date we want, so I don't think you're getting a late start at all.  Start with the venue, then go from there.
  • Congrats! I too am having a summer wedding in 2012 on August 19.  Just enjoy being engaged.  Have fun telling family and people you know.  My only advice, first thing you should do is book your reception hall.  Explore what you like.  Your icon says your from NY? So am I and anywhere near the City gets booked quickly and when I say City I also mean long island, the 5 boroughs, and even parts of NJ.  Figure out what you want, which day you will have the wedding and book it! We booked in January and places were telling us we were "right on time" with the booking.  I was like "really? I thought we were early!"  So that is really my only advice, book your reception hall!! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards