Michigan-Detroit
Options

Looking for venue for 75 people, WITHOUT giant Min $$$

Okay, so we are planning on getting married mid May 2014 and its going to be a small wedding... 75 people MAX. Everywhere we call has a $10,000 min for a saturday night. 
Any ideas or feedback would be great! 

Here are a couple Must Haves-

On Site Catering
With in about 30 minutes from Novi

The groom is a former Chef so he is a bit picky when it comes to the food and he says that he does not want it at a restaurant. 

THANKS!!!

Re: Looking for venue for 75 people, WITHOUT giant Min $$$

• Options
    zantsterzantster member
    First Comment First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited February 2013
    So Friday or Sunday is out of the question?
  • Options

Welcome to the Detroit board!

I think you will struggle with finding a venue that has onsite catering without a minimum for a smaller guest list.

Our wedding was at Greenmead Village in Livonia. You rent the banquet facility there (they also have a charming non-demominational chapel), they supply the chairs & tables. You bring in your own caterer and alcohol, linens, plates, dinnerware, glasses.

Our wedding for what ended up being 73 people, at Greenmead, with rental of the building, chapel, caterer, our own alcohol, was less than $6,000. We used Holiday Market in Royal Oak for the catering and cake (FABULOUS FOOD, I'm a foodie), they brought in all the rentals except for what I supplied via DIY (flowers, table runners, paper items). Our DJ supplied the bartender, and I had a DOC (day of wedding coordinator)........all of that for under $6000.

If your fiance is a chef, he's going to want really good food. Chances are it's tough to find with an all inclusive venue. Just my opinion, but they tend to be more "cookie cutter", not innovative like I found Holiday Market to be. My guests raved about the food, still do (I was at a work meeting last week, and my boss once again talked about how good the food was, and she throws parties for people in her home with great food!). Joe's Gourmet in Livonia was also a comparable caterer in quality and price.

If you want to see info for my vendors, go to my bio link below and you can find links for the vendors, photographer (to see the pictures of the lovely grounds and buildings at Greenmead).

• Options

Pi in Southfield may be an option. They offer onsite catering and they have a small reception room that seats about 70 people. If you are able to have the reception on a Friday or Saturday that may open up more possibilities. Venues have lower minimals on those days then on Saturdays.

• Options
    The italian American Banquet Center in Livonia does a PP price, with everything included (bar, room rental, etc).
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Yeah, I'm okay with the idea of a Friday wedding but the groom isn't ;) Thanks for the help so far! Keep em coming. 
  • Options
    I don't know where you live but Zuccaro's in Chesterfield doesn't have a high minimum. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We're having our reception at The Links of Novi. Their min. is $5,500.00 which is pretty reasonable compared to most places. Try looking into them :)
  • Options
    Look into arnaldos
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    elkayelkay member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    If you're still searching, check with Ann Arbor City Club. Just at your 30-minute requirement. Excellent kitchen, tasteful property, not an "event hall" nor restaurant. You have to buy a temporary membership, but that fee is low - and worth it.
  • Options

Check out my venue - Brentwood Golf Club in White Lake. It's absolutely beautiful, they don't have a minimum, do have onsite catering, and an outdoor ceremony location. So far they've been wonderful to work with!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards