May 2013 Weddings

favors...

For those of you doing wedding favors I was just wondering what everyone is doing (because I'm nosey). We decided to give to the American Cancer Society in honor of FI's mom who passed away from Colon Cancer. We are putting the little donation favor cards they gave us in a picture frame for the guest to take home.
Wedding Countdown Ticker
192 invited image
69 will be there image
5 will be missing out image
 118 haven't RSVP'Dimage
RSVP Deadline: May 3rd

Re: favors...

• I love it when people do that. We're honestly staying pretty cheap on favors... just doing Andes mints with a personalized label and setting out some koozies that say "To have and to hold and to keep your drink cold". FSIL is also making s'mores on a stick (marshmallow dipped in chocolate then rolled in graham cracker crumbs, yum). If we were planning on spending more, I would do a donation thing!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Potted herbs. The pots are terra cotta and will say "Seasoned With Love" "Nick and Amber, May 18, 2013". Goes with our "rustic spring" theme as we will have watering can centerpieces. And I love to cook and have a huge herb garden. Also having s'mores on a stick because the venue is deep in the woods at a camp ground. however its not a place you can go tenting, they have beautiful cabins.
    May 2013 August Siggy: Hair Inspiration
  • Going to do favors... Haven't decided what yet...

I'm leaning towards martini glasses (not sure if they'll be colored or have a design on them or something)... and then probably candies or maybe a drink recipe or something in the glass...

Wedding Countdown Ticker

May 2013 - January - Cake Inspiration!
  • We're having a photobooth and are going to have frames for guests to put their pictures in.  

• We haven't finalized what we're doing yet but we were thinking of simple (homemade with love) dark chocolate cocounut patties in a clear favor box with a label on the front. Maybe a ribbon to close it.  I will be doing a candy bar/buffet as well.
    May 2013 Brides Siggy Challenge January- Let Them Eat Cake!
    My cake is a 2-tier ivory cake with silver dotted scallops, ribbon and pearl brooch.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited August 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_may-2013-weddings_favors?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:ea657a87-d1dc-4588-999f-31c9deeef720Discussion:acbfedba-9f97-4274-b8e3-436a98f8af64Post:d3be910a-8ed2-49c3-aada-02eb2b36f84c">Re: favors...</a>:
    [QUOTE]We haven't finalized what we're doing yet but we were thinking of simple (homemade with love) dark chocolate cocounut patties in a clear favor box with a label on the front. Maybe a ribbon to close it.  I will be doing a candy bar/buffet as well.
    Posted by MamaBear904[/QUOTE]
    Yeah I'm doing a candy/dessert bar as well. I figured that's enough with the rest of my favors
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    192 invited image
    69 will be there image
     118 haven't RSVP'Dimage
  • I'm doing everything on a very cheap budget. Buying Hershey Kisses in bulk, ($10/bag and approx 885 pieces per bag), buying a roll of blue tulle and putting may 5 kisses in each bag. I priced it out and it's under $50.

Wedding Countdown Ticker May 2013 Brides Siggy Challenge: Cake image
  • I really wanted to do photobooth frames but am having a very hard time finding them cheap enough.
    May 2013 January Siggy Challenge
    Cake
    my read shelf:
    Becky's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • SwazzleSwazzle member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited August 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_may-2013-weddings_favors?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:ea657a87-d1dc-4588-999f-31c9deeef720Discussion:acbfedba-9f97-4274-b8e3-436a98f8af64Post:475d9349-7640-498c-807b-8fe7a7f3ec4f">Re: favors...</a>:
    [QUOTE]I really wanted to do photobooth frames but am having a very hard time finding them cheap enough.
    Posted by RebCappon[/QUOTE]

<div>How much are you looking to spend? My DJ (who I booked my photobooth through) was going to charge me $2.50 per frame. No way in hell would I pay that. I found <a rel="nofollow" href="http://photoboothframes.com/index.php" target="_blank">THIS </a>site (use code BRIDAL here for 10% off) and <a rel="nofollow" href="http://www.photoboothpictureframes.com/" target="_blank">THIS </a>site which are way cheaper. </div><div>
    </div><div>Edited to add the discount code. </div>

• We are using small corked bottled and filling half with sour jelly bellies an half with mms. We are also putting a bottle of my fi's beer that he brews or a small bottle of wine that his friend makes. The hope is that if people prefer one or the other they can trade with table mates
    Wedding Countdown TickerLilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • We're not doing favors, but I just wanted to say I love these ideas!  Particularly the potted herbs!  

May 2013 February Siggy: Invitations

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• People on this board are so creative. Everyone's favors sound great!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    192 invited image
    69 will be there image
     118 haven't RSVP'Dimage
  • I will be making homemade jam and using little jars wrapped with fabric matching our wedding colors. We will also get some coffee beans in little burlap bags from the coffee shop we went to on our first (blind) date. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_may-2013-weddings_favors?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:ea657a87-d1dc-4588-999f-31c9deeef720Discussion:acbfedba-9f97-4274-b8e3-436a98f8af64Post:d0175946-7dbc-4c84-a816-1f4bbcf1ae7e">Re: favors...</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm doing everything on a very cheap budget. Buying Hershey Kisses in bulk, ($10/bag and approx 885 pieces per bag), buying a roll of blue tulle and putting may 5 kisses in each bag. I priced it out and it's under $50.
    Posted by Carson386[/QUOTE]

We're doing the pink/blue kisses in tulle bags.
  • Probably doing photobooth + frames. 

@sbc- LOVE the coffee beans idea because of its significance.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We are having a sweets table.
    May 2013 January Siggy Challenge:The Cake!!!
    cake4
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • How much are you looking to spend? My DJ (who I booked my photobooth through) was going to charge me $2.50 per frame. No way in hell would I pay that. I found THIS site (use code BRIDAL here for 10% off) and THIS site which are way cheaper. 
    Edited to add the discount code. 
    rdr - thanks for posting this!  I'm also doing photo booth frames and got quoted a higher price than what's on these websites! 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_may-2013-weddings_favors?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:ea657a87-d1dc-4588-999f-31c9deeef720Discussion:acbfedba-9f97-4274-b8e3-436a98f8af64Post:0918753f-5447-4b0c-8619-0c99c52e49f5">Re:favors...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Potted herbs. The pots are terra cotta and will say "Seasoned With Love" "Nick and Amber, May 18, 2013". Goes with our "rustic spring" theme as we will have watering can centerpieces. And I love to cook and have a huge herb garden. Also having s'mores on a stick because the venue is deep in the woods at a camp ground. however its not a place you can go tenting, they have beautiful cabins.
    Posted by Wynter010Beauty[/QUOTE]

Hmm this sounds interesting... I'm looking for something that will go with our rustic theme as well, would you mind telling me where you got your pots? and are you planting the herbs yourself or are you buying them all planted already? Thanks
    May 2013 January Siggy Challenge:Cake inspiration image
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_may-2013-weddings_favors?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:ea657a87-d1dc-4588-999f-31c9deeef720Discussion:acbfedba-9f97-4274-b8e3-436a98f8af64Post:c16fa70b-3341-4912-b881-5ca1c71f7197">Re:favors...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re:favors... : Hmm this sounds interesting... I'm looking for something that will go with our rustic theme as well, would you mind telling me where you got your pots? and are you planting the herbs yourself or are you buying them all planted already? Thanks
    Posted by marta119[/QUOTE]

I am so sorry I just saw your post! I am getting my pot from Michaels, they are very small and tall they are called their rose pots. They are 99 cents each but if you buy in bulk you get a discount so long as it is over 100 dollars, if it isn't over 100 dollars make sure that you order them while they are on sale, which is what we are doing since we only need about 95. A sales associate told me that there bulk discount is the same as if it were on regular discount. I am also getting my terra cotta paint pens from Michaels. I have a local greenhouse that will start my seeds for me and provide them in the little plastic things that you get flowers in. This is where the tall skinny pots come in handy because those plastic things usually are long and skinny. I will then repot into the pots that I have a couple days in advance. All they are charging me for are the seeds and the plastic things.. which they said should come to about 50 cents per favor. We are using 8 different types of herbs because there are 8 seats at each table that way if someone doesn't want one then another person at that table can get a different type of herb or they can trade with someone else at the table. We are doing parsley oregano thyme basil rosemary chives sage and cilantro.
  • Here is a photo of my pots and how I think I'm going to decorate them http://i48.tinypic.com/34946k6.jpg
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards