Wedding Photography and Videography Forum
Options

Professional Quality Picture Prints? Any Website Suggestions?

I'm looking for a website where you can order professional quality pictures. We took engagement pictures and I have them on a CD. I would like to upload them and have the actual prints look like professional quality. Any website suggestions for ordering pictures/prints? I tried Walgreens & Shutterfly, but the quality doesn't look professional. Thanks :)

Re: Professional Quality Picture Prints? Any Website Suggestions?

• Options
    I would suggest asking your photographer.  If the photographer is not completely new to having a camera then he/she will have experience with a number of local and online print labs.
  • Options
    The best way to get Professional quality prints is through your professional photographer. Professional photographers have access to print houses that do not offer services to the general public.
  • Options
    Are you trying to print your own pictures from a CD or something that the photog gave you as a way of avoiding paying a higher price for prints directly from the photographer?  

If that's the case, a lot of photographers will actually provide low-resolution "Facebook quality" pictures only when they give you a CD, to ensure that only they have the ability to print "professional quality" prints for you.  Chances are the problem is the quality of the image you're working with, and the company you order prints from won't make a difference.
    imagemy to-read shelf:
    Steph's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (to-read shelf)
  • Options
    Hello! I'm a professional photographer and I always recommend Mpix to our clients. I would ask your photographer if they have any suggestions though. I know my photos come out looking great with Mpix because we are calibrated with their printers, so your photography may be able to offer some suggestions so that you can make sure the prints will come out looking as accurate as possible! 

Hope this helps! :)

Heather

• Options
    I use www.ezprints.com for all of my photo printing; I sell prints of my nature photography as a side hobby and use them exclusively for my needs.  They have a great variety of print finishes (though lustre would be best for portrait finishes) and they use the same color profiles that any pro photographer will have on their files.  They also have a lot more variety of print sizes that you can order that puts Shutterfly to shame, and their prices are extremely reasonable.  =)  Ezprints has always given me great, professional quality no matter what size I'm printing out and after printing hundreds of prints, I've never been disappointed.

I don't know what places like Walmart or Walgreens uses for their printing, but you're right, the quality is awful.

I hope that helps!!  =)

• Options

Try shutterfly.com
    they are great....you can even make your own album for like $50 bucks

• Options
    edited August 2012
    www.mpix.com is one of the best. You're not going to get professional quality prints unless you order them from your photographer, who (hopefully) uses a pro lab, but Mpix is pretty close!
  • Options
    I second ezprints. Their quality is amazing and definitely go with the lustre finish. White House Custom Color is PHENOMENAL, but more pricey than ezprints.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image 75 Invited so far! image 28 are ready to party!
    image 3 Will be missing out image 54 Are MIA
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards