New York-Hudson Valley

Venue help! Garden wedding northern NJ/Hudson Valley

Hi Ladies! I recently got engaged (March 2011) and have only just begun to plan the wedding we hope to have in September of 2012. The problem? Step 1! I can't seem to find a venue to even visit really. I envision a "smaller" outdoor wedding near water but not a beach. Something serene and peaceful where we can totally take advantage of the fall foilage and changing colors. We are anticiapting about 150 people and still want a dancing space. A cermeony site outdoors by water with a tented reception would be great! Can anyone help me??

Re: Venue help! Garden wedding northern NJ/Hudson Valley

• edited December 2011
    Have you checked out Boscobel? I don't know much about the venue but I know it's all outdoors and sounds like what you're looking for in terms of your vision!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot!
  • edited December 2011
    I don't know if this is what you are looking for exactly but The Grandview has outdoor ceremonys with the Hudson River right there.  Also, they have a tent for the reception if you want to stay outdoors.  Otherwise their ballroom is absolutly beautiful.  You can look online for some pictures which doesn't do it justice.  If you have time I'd check it out in person.  When I went looking for venues I went there and fell in love.  Good luck and happy planning.
  • GolfChick78GolfChick78 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm not sure I understand exactly what they offer, but I'm told you can have your wedding at the NJ Botanical Gardens which is just over the NY border.
  • edited December 2011
    try the mansion at colonial terrace.  they have amazing grounds.
  • steveandtasteveandta member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    if your willing to travel i would reccomend the poughkeepsie grand view, the villa borghese, catlin gardens, and arbor ridge. also if your into a rustic mountain view, hunter mountain has a killer new patio that overviews the mountains. that would be beautiful in the fall.
    Photobucket invite1
  • vienna1121vienna1121 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    osceola manor
  • carolsdaycarolsday member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Look at The Villa Barone Hilltop Manor, they have everything your looking for .   My wedding was a couple weeks ago and i couldnt be happier.
    check out their website villabaronehilltop.com
  • edited December 2011
    catlin gardens near middletown ny
  • edited December 2011
    Try the garrison
    BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards